Directs all plant related production, maintenance and capital activities both while in process and during non-process times to result in an effective organization capable of meeting annual operating production, quality, safety, sanitation, and cost targets. Develops VPC & FPC goals for the plant and coordinates the plant management team toward achievement of set goals. Continually develops new avenues to improve efficiencies and handle new tasks. This position will require an approximate 50% time commitment for maintenance, capital planning, budgeting and continuous improvement efforts and a 50% time commitment for production planning and processing related activities.
* Liaison Develops VPC/FPC targets, budget and cost controls, and directs the effective use, development, and training of staff and line personnel to ensure the plant maintains compliance with corporate, state, and federal; health, safety, sanitation, quality, EEO and other regulations.
* Directs production and maintenance activities and establishes production priorities to maximize operations and minimize costs in conjunction with VPC/FPC targets.
* Coordinates production activities with field department, maintenance, quality control, and warehouse to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and other equipment.
* Reviews and analyses product, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating or production problems.
* Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems, reduce costs, and improve product quality.
* Directs the development and ongoing review of modification plans to plant machines and equipment capacities in order to improve the production and quality of the products produced.
* Conducts hearings to resolve or effect settlement of employee grievances not resolved in earlier steps.
* Controls and authorizes purchases of plant equipment, materials, and supplies in accordance with company guidelines and established accounting procedures.
* Effectively represents the company with government agencies, industry groups, labor organizations, and in the community.
* Directs and actively supports company propriety programs. Other duties as assigned Qualifications:
* BS/MS in Food Science, Business, Production, or other technical discipline or equivalent experience
* 5 years direct experience in a responsible production level management role or 3 years with a MS degree.
* Knowledge of can seams, thermal processing, production flow dynamics, budgeting, labor relations, organizational management, and strong communication skills. WE OFFER:
* Competitive salary
* Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k) Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. No sponsorship is available for this position. No agencies or 3rd party vendors Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled