Danone Foods Inc in WBU EDP is looking for a Sr. Packaging Engineer in White Plains, NY.
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people#39;s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation(R) in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
The Senior Packaging Engineer position is a strategic role within the Research and Innovation department and will be responsible for the research, development, and execution of packaging initiatives across multiple brands within the Yogurt Business Unit. This person is responsible for scoping and executing packaging innovations with the Marketing team. This position will be located in our White Plains, New York office.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Demonstrate creativity in the development of packaging systems. Promote the spirit of innovation across different networks including suppliers, the R&I community, and cross-functional teams.
- Explore new packaging materials, shapes and technologies, as well as consumer trends, to apply them to new innovations.
- Support the innovation process by proposing, developing and implementing packaging options.
- Develop primary, secondary and transport packaging in line with the company#39;s objectives; cost, quality, circularity and time.
- Represent packaging in project teams partnering cross-functionally (Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Engineering and Supply Chain).
- Participates in working sessions with the brand teams and co-builds packaging innovation and circularity pipeline.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors, suppliers, sister Danone business units, plants, co-manufacturers and other sources of applicable technologies.
- Contribute to the packaging development for projects of all sizes.
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of the packaging specifications.
- Organize and conducts trials in an industrial environment.
- Bachelor#39;s degree minimum, Master degree in Sciences or Engineering ideal (Packaging, Mechanical, Chemical or related engineering science)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a packaging engineering field (preferably in food and beverage)
- Experience in thermoforming and/or ISBM (injection stretch blow molding) strongly preferred.
- Experience in injection molding and extrusion blow molding.
- Experience with PET and polyolefins (PE,PP,HDPE,PS), their properties and use as food containers
- Knowledge in sachets, pouches and related flexible packaging
- Experience in the use of statistical tools for problem solving
- Knowledge of design thinking principals and application to innovation process
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office software, Microsoft Project, and CAPE or TOPS
- Demonstrated leadership in cross functional teams involving marketing, sales, purchasing and manufacturing in the development of new products
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and make risk-based decisions
- Excellent business skills and understand the levers of R&I in brand P&Ls
- Self starter, autonomous and demonstrated ability to bring new unsolicited ideas & solutions to the table
- Ability to travel approximately 30%
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com We have something special inside, do you?
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Supply, QA, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Operations, Quality, Technology