Our services have been retained to recruit a SENIOR MANAGER – PROCESS ENGINEERING for a growing nutrition manufacturer. Our client is a billion dollar division of major international food & consumer products manufacturer. Newly created role due to growth. Reports to the Director of Operations and will be based in beautiful medium size city in the KS/MO/AR/OK region (moderate cost-of-living, robust economy, good schools and many outdoor recreational activities).
The Sr. Manager, Process Engineering will support 10 manufacturing locations, travel in the 40-50% range (will vary according to specific projects and initiatives) and direct and develop all process improvement, automation, capital management, and technology optimization efforts and initiatives within the operations function.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee capital management process for all capital projects.
- Explore, recommend, and test new technologies to optimize manufacturing processes.
- Oversee Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing Optimization, Innovation and Value Creation initiatives.
- Oversee process and data automation projects in all plants.
- Oversee maintenance and reliability programs in all facilities.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Implement systems to accurately and quickly gather operational performance and costs.
- Define and document manufacturing standards, processes, and best practices.
- Assure that all capital projects align with established standards and processes.
- Lead, document, and elevate success of process improvement efforts, value creation, and innovation efforts.
- Assisting Process Technicians in troubleshooting in the event of a problem.
- Installation of new equipment.
- Risk assessments of the equipment and processes being used.
- Participation in budgeting.
- Assemble reports to document process status and changes.
Technical knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline required; (MBA is a plus).
- Managerial/supervisory experience in a food manufacturing facility (3-5 years experience).
- Experience participating in formal Process Improvement initiatives (2-5 years experience).
- Experience with a Manufacturing Execution System/Plant Floor System (2+ years experience).
- Project management in a manufacturing environment, preference to experience with stage-gate project management (2+ years experience).
- Engineering and/or Maintenance and Reliability within a manufacturing environment.
- Proven success in manufacturing and/or supply chain optimization efforts.
Salary in the $110-120,000 base range with strong bonus, strong benefits, excellent growth potential and solid relocation assistance.
Please call or send resume ASAP if any interest or questions! This is immediate need! Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!
Wade Palmer & Associates, Inc.
417-860-5607 – cell