Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sitdown together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, NewZealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Responsible for all Construction and Deployment cost and schedule information that goes into an Investment Memo to the executive steering committee and board of directors. Responsible for the initial Project Execution Plan (PEP) that aligns and supports the cost and schedule information that is in the Investment Memo, and for managing all the projects that are in the Due Diligence and Entitlement phase of the project Life Cycle, providing construction strategy, cost estimating oversight, logistics, risk outlays and other input to the Investment Memo as it is developed.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining equitable and business like relationships between Americold and their Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Initiate and maintain positive relationships GCs, design professionals, and others related to the project. Communicate in a forthright and cooperative manner with all persons concerned with the project, keeping information channels open and ensuring a high degree of credibility and confidence.
- Work as a cooperative team member with the Project Management Staff, Business Development and Market Sector Leads in the preparation of responses to IM requests
- Work cooperatively with DE, SCS, PMO and construction teams in the preparation of project plan
- Support sales and customer site assessments to ensure SCS and DE have captured all the work content and business nuances in costing and design layouts; refine pricing as needed
- Have knowledge of the terms of the Construction Contract and of the Construction documents, including the complete drawings (civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and systems); specifications; addenda; change documents; and any other pertinent documents.
- Solicit subcontractors and consultants and prepare and issue RFP packages. Assist in the preparation and issuance of subcontracts
- Provide oversight of Project Estimates, Schedules and Execution Plans for proposals and new projects
- Perform Design Review, Preconstruction Planning in support of Design/Programming projects
- Coordinate with Preconstruction Project teams to develop Project Schedules Integrating Design, Procurement and Construction activities
- Procurement Plan Development, and Subcontractor/Vendor Prequalification
- Manage weekly calls for updates by the team(s) on the due diligence efforts
- Develop resource-loaded schedules, earned value reporting, and cost management for projects
- Assist the Program Manager and the Construction/Automation Project Managers to manage the engineering, procurement, automation integration, and construction costs for projects.
- Permitting Requirements (including assessment vs. proposed construction), Applications, and Local
- Support/Representation; Lead pursuit of Entitlements as identified
- Perform Preconstruction Planning for CM/GC assignments
- Coordinate with Project teams to develop Project Schedule Integrating Design, Procurement and Construction activities
- Manage estimating resources to support Project Estimating consistent with Group Standards
- Procurement Plan Development, and Subcontractor/Vendor Prequalification
- Monitor and report on key indicator trends and variances for projects.
- Frequently interface with design, procurement, program management, automation integration, and construction teams to ensure project updates and changes are communicated.
- Leader in executing the company#39;s construction and financial "Best Practices" on projects.
- Perform other preconstruction tasks as needed.
- Work under minimal supervision, with a wide degree of creativity and latitude expected.
- Learn about facility design and implementation; visit sites, understand processes; determine project status on a monthly basis
- Support execution of GC and AC contracting; ensure milestones are met and lead interventions with suppliers when commitments are not delivered
- Support project management of solution implementation in the US, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand as needed.
- At least 15 years#39; experience in a large construction management role, preferably in automated warehousing facilities.
- 10 years#39; experience in global construction with experience building teams in varying geos. Experience in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand preferred.
- Bachelor degree in construction or technology field with business aptitude with strong technical competencies, MBA preferred.
- Deep understanding of all construction positions, processes and tools required to have an effective global deployment team
- Candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work in a corporate product environment and navigate the challenges associated building a new competency/line of business.
- Candidate must have worked on global construction projects with the ability to articulate the requirements of the global construction department.
- Demonstrated ability to create processes and tools to enable efficient delivery of work product.
- Effectively communicates technical information and complex ideas.
- Effectively demonstrates public speaking skills both in prepared presentations and impromptu speaking
- Demonstrates professionalism (e.g., cooperation, courtesy, assertiveness, and non-defensiveness, accepting constructive criticism, and maintaining confidences).
- Effectively handles stressful situations (resolving conflicts and meeting deadlines).
- Strong regional product market knowledge preferred
- Experience managing an engineering team preferred
- Onsite exposure to field operations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications to include Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint (and other process documentation tools).
Qualifications/Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor#39;s degree in construction management, or engineering preferred.
- Familiarity with major GC/construction companies and AC/automation contractors - OEM and integrators
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact comfortably with senior level business contacts.
- Strong organizational, construction preconstruction and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on business needs.
- Must be able to commute to our corporate office, our field management, and warehouse associates
- Willing to travel to any of Americold#39;s locations, expenses paid by the company
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
- Required to visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
- May occasionally lift, carry, position, or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.