It’s an exciting time to join Flagstone Foods! We are on a mission to become the finest private label snacking company in the world. Our corporate headquarters is located in the North Loop of Minneapolis and we are seeking bright, talented, collaborative people to support an exciting, entrepreneurial and rapidly growing organization.
Company Overview: Flagstone Foods is one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of private label healthy snacks in North America, holding the leading market position in the nut, trail mix and dried fruit categories. Our 900+ employees are in plants in Robersonville, North Carolina, El Paso, Texas, and Dothan, Alabama. These facilities source, process, package and distribute nuts, trail mixes and other wholesome snacks to premier retail customers across the country.
Background: In August 2019, Atlas Holdings purchased Flagstone Foods, reestablishing the organization as a standalone business. Headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut and founded in 2002, Atlas and its affiliates own and operate 20 platform companies which employ more than 18,000 associates at more than 150 facilities worldwide. Atlas has a long and distinguished record of strengthening and growing companies, investing both the human and financial capital needed to create long-term, sustainable value.
POSITION: Senior Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager (dotted line to SVP – Operations)
Position Summary: As a key member of the Plant Leadership team, the Sr. Manager, Continuous Improvement will lead the development and execution of Flagstone Foods Operating System improvement strategy and program structure and driving a cohesive approach across all Plant operations. This role will be critical in helping reinforce Flagstone Foods’ culture of workforce empowerment, effective problem solving, and use of lean principles to drive out waste. This critical role will partner with operational leaders to deploy the structure and mechanisms to implement continuous improvement strategies, coordinate and facilitate Kaizen events, design, develop and implement training, as well as coach the organization on lean methodologies and thinking. This position will work in close partnership with functional leaders on efforts toward attaining critical customer satisfaction, quality, productivity, and employee engagement goals.
- Drive the implementation of the Flagstone Foods Operating System Continuous Improvement strategy and methodology with an initial focus in production operations.
- Partner with the Continuous Skills Development Team to develop and implement the associated training to implement and sustain the strategy.
- Serve as the Plant continuous improvement champion, supporting the production operations and supporting functions, providing leadership, mentoring, and coaching in the implementation of continuous improvement methodologies. Lead Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, 5S, Visual Management, and other Kaizen events and efforts focused on waste reduction and meeting customer, shareholder, and employee needs.
- Directly manage and coach the continuous improvement leaders, production leaders, and work closely with support functions in the organization to ensuring CI efforts and results are aligned with company standards and goals, driving total system efficiencies.
- Using such methodologies as Goal Deployment/ Hoshin Kanri, guide functions through strategic thinking, aligning goals, actions and accountability with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Benchmark best practices in Lean, Continuous Improvement, and Standard Work, strategically utilizing external resources to accelerate Flagstone Foods CI capabilities.
- Coordinate 3P (Production, Preparation, Process) actions during the product development process, ensuring customer needs are met in the most effective manner.
- Coordinate creation and implementation of Kaizen plans, and monitor to assess implementation progress, impact, and sustainability. Ensure all continuous improvement plans promote safety, employee engagement and ownership of lean efforts. Celebrate Success!
- Coach the organization in the analysis of metrics/ KPIs to assist in strategy development as well as tactical actions, including cycle times, takt times, productivity, overtime, quality, inventory, and ergonomics.
- Minimum 10 years of combined experience managing in a manufacturing, warehousing, and/or complex logistics environment with 5 of those years in Continuous Improvement/ Lean methodology experience, with demonstrated leadership of CI and business systems development and transformations.
- Focused formal training and working experience with Lean methodologies, continuous improvement and problem-solving tools.
- Demonstrated coordination of significant Kaizen events across multiple functional areas
- Experience in guiding an organization through goal deployment.
- Demonstrated experience in standard work development, and training delivery.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills / instructor skills; at ease moderating large groups and presenting to Senior Management.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong skills in data collection, analysis, and decision-making. Preferred Six Sigma Green Belt or DMAIC process familiarity.
- Strong organization, administrative and attention to detail skills.
- Lean certification, lean business system development/leadership, ISO 9001 are all a plus.
- Memberships in the International Association of Lean Practitioners, Global Lean and Six Sigma Network, and Lean Enterprise Institute membership are all a plus.
- High level of PC proficiency, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Bachelor degree, ideally in Engineering or Supply chain operations, or other relevant area.
Supervises Others: Plant Continuous Improvement Manager
The physical demands described within the Job Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Other duties or tasks may be assigned as required. Management may modify, change or add to the duties of this description at any time without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Communicate with others both verbally and in writing.
- Be independently mobile. In Plant minimum of 50% of the day.
- Use a computer and keyboard.
- Working in a Production Plant environment where food safety and PPE is required.
- Lifting up to 50lbs intermittently.
- Communicate with others both verbally and in writing.
FLSA Designation: This position is a Salaried Exempt and not eligible for overtime.
Work Location: Robersonville, North Carolina – travel expected be approx. 20%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.