At Shearer s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Sr. Manager Process & Packaging Engineering
This position is located in Massillon, OH or Phoenix, AZ
The Sr. Manager Process & Packaging Engineering, position is responsible for the efficient production of high quality snack food products in a continuous, improvement-based environment, while also creating and maintaining a safe work environment. This position requires substantial knowledge and hands on experience with tortilla chip or potato chip processing, troubleshooting, and R&D. Knowledge and experience with vertical form/fill/seal packaging machines with combination scales, case packaging automation, and on machine seasoning systems is preferred. This position will manage and participate multiple projects. This is to be accomplished through effective leadership, coaching and development of a group of process and packaging subject matter experts and process engineers.
Your seat at the table
The Sr. Manager Process & Packaging Engineering position is accountable for the efficient production of high quality snack food products that are made on a variety of processing and packaging lines. The ability to learn and apply full understanding of theory of operation lines is essential to this role. Managing projects related to new equipment start up, product commissioning and other plant related activities. Application of continuous improvement processes and leading and developing team members are also essential.
Provide technical knowledge, direction, education, and assistance in the production and processing of high quality snack food products
- Lead and guide the work of process and packaging subject matter experts and process engineers.
- Lead, develop and coordinate the schedule, timeline and resourcing of multiple projects for processing and packaging.
- Convey a strong sense of urgency to achieve results and drive issues to closure.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products or to reduce costs, using knowledge of manufacturing processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, and/or product design, materials and parts.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Provide technical expertise and support related to manufacturing.
- Determine root causes of failures or recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods, using statistical procedures.
- Prepare documentation on process control for new and existing manufacturing processes or engineering procedures to achieve product specifications.
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods.
- Training and development site Subject Matter Experts and process engineers on theory of operation and practical application.
- Commercialization of new products and processes.
- Design tests of finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
Leads and Develops Team Members
- Coach and mentor members of team to help them maximize effectiveness and prepare them for possible future roles.
- Leads the team through an emphasis on both people and production.
- Communicates effectively with employees through both oral and written means.
- Conducts employee training to improve employees expertise and knowledge in equipment operations, work safety procedures, and teamwork, or assigns employee training to experienced workers.
- Provides feedback to employees on individual performance standards in a timely and efficient manner.
- Builds rapport and collaborative relationships across cross-functional teams.
What you bring to the table
- 4 year bachelor s degree in engineering or science is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in food processing with substantial knowledge and hands on experience on tortilla chip or potato chip processing, troubleshooting, and R&D.
- Experience with vertical form/fill/seal packaging machines with combination scales, case packaging automation, and on machine seasoning systems is preferred.
- Experience leading teams of people.
- Experience with managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience working with Continuous Improvement/Lean methods and tools such as Total Production Maintenance, Centerlines, CIL s, Defect Handling, 5S, and Quick Changeover.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.