Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under the guidance of the Director of Global Procurement Ingredients (Proteins/Flavors/Spices/Seafood/Chemicals), this position is responsible for the procurement of Flavors, Seasonings, Spices, and Yeast for all Campbell locations in North America with an annual spend valued at over $215MM.
The Senior Manager of Global Ingredients is responsible for working closely with key suppliers to gain maximum value during the contract period. Planning, formulating, guiding, driving and monitoring implementation of category management strategies for all Campbell locations in designated region, ensuring quality of materials, competitive pricing, adherence to company policies, procurement processes and endeavors related to the operation of a proactive and strategic Global Procurement Business Unit.
The individual will be expected to deliver Procurement#39;s financial and process goals and objectives while driving strategic alignment and developing strong partnerships with our internal business unit#39;s leadership and strategic external partners. Strong leadership on both developing and implementing the strategic direction of the portfolio, in addition, to influencing skills both cross functionally and regionally are essential.
- Act as the Global Procurement representative in dealing with Senior Management, key internal stakeholders, Campbell#39;s business units, and external Ingredient suppliers.
- Collaborate with Business Unit#39;s leadership and functional partners on strategy development for innovation, productivity, quality, service and continuous improvement
- Remain abreast of industry trends/changes to identify impacts to Campbell Soup
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers driving optimized value thru strategic relationship management program
- Lead coaching and individual training/development for the team as required building capability to delivery overall category objectives
- Drive development of enabler cost savings/value add initiatives with functional partners and suppliers
- Ensure consistent and accurate cost saving tracking to support the Procurement goals
- Contribute to and support the development and implementation of best practice work processes across the Global Procurement organization and across the interfaces with other business functions (e.g. Finance, R&D, Manufacturing, Supply Chain in each region).
- Ensure quality of service, competitive pricing, adherence to company policies, Procurement processes and endeavors related to the operation of a proactive and strategic Global Procurement Business Unit.
- Ensure a deep understanding of supply markets and drivers for key areas - e.g. Ingredients markets, weather and global economic factors
- Drive the development of innovation with our supply partners which supports our Business Units.
- Thorough understanding of the industry and markets that impact cost, supply and demand
- The incumbent must have the ability to interact with team members at all levels in the organization, as well as senior leadership across multiple functions.
- The individual must have the ability influence the direction of the business and align and engage resources that are outside their area of responsibility.
- Must have solid coaching and influencing skills to ensure team success.
- Must demonstrate strategic thought leadership in moving Procurement strategies forward with respect to Ingredient categories.
- Partner with cross functional partners such as R&D, Finance, Supply Chain and marketing across multiple business units
- Key member must be able to learn and understand how to manage each business unit while keeping focus on a holistic approach when creating strategy and managing categories
- Utilize supply chain, technical, commercial and category/commodity knowledge to support business objectives
- Incumbent must be able to identify problems, generate options and recommendations for business partners
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity and be comfortable in an work environment with much change
- Partner with R&D, Supply Chain and marketing to develop, evaluate and implement programs/projects at a sustainable and competitive cost in support of Total Procurement Value objectives
- Build a team culture of engagement to attract, retain and continuously develop business unit talent
- Committed to Campbell Leadership Model
- Develop and actively promote Campbell#39;s Diversity and Sustainability strategies
- Minimum Education: Bachelor Degree
- Years of Relevant Experience: minimum of 10 years of procurement and/or related supply chain/CPG industry experience. Preferable in Procurement with Flavors, Seasonings, Spices.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Integrates and aligns Global Procurement strategy with other functional Business Units and Supply Chain strategies
- Builds supplier relationships and influences long-term supplier partnerships and innovation
- Demonstrated track record of business results in a matrix environment and/or with multiple companies
- Cross company and/or cross matrix experience working in managing large complex projects
- Influences cross-functional partners with knowledge of the supply landscape to drive strategy
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Utilizes depth of knowledge to gain insights which produce competitive advantage
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to interact with all levels with customers, 3rd party providers and internal stakeholders
- Time management skills required to maintain multiple projects
- Demonstrated self-starter, imaginative/innovator, and able to set executive direction
- Work without direction and determine own methods to accomplish work
- Strong written and oral communication skills, decision making/problem solving and influencing and team building skills
- Define clear roles, responsibilities and expectations for core and extended team members and proactively manage against set goals
- Demonstrates business acumen
- Strategic and analytical thinker including creating contingency for high risk issues
- Strong experience in procurement, finance and contracts (legal)
- Ability to anticipate stakeholder needs while influencing and collaborating with them to drive value
- Able to travel 20% (mainly domestic with potential for some global)
- Certifications and Licensing Strongly Preferred: MBA & CPM
- Normal corporate office environment.
- Business Travel within North America – 20%. Travel to US & Canada as required.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.