Company & Position Function and Scope: Del Monte Foods, Inc. (DMFI) is a multi-national food company headquartered in Walnut Creek, CA, with a powerful portfolio of brands, including iconic Del Monte®, Contadina® and College Inn®. Our premium-quality meal ingredients, snacks and beverages can be found in six out of ten U.S. households. At Del Monte Foods, we believe in supporting one another. In helping our people shape their own careers - in letting them grow outward, upward and across disciplines. We are tending to the greater good, providing accessible, nourishing, great-tasting food for all. We are Del Monte Foods – Growers of Good. The Sr Manager Human Resources is responsible for managing all processes associated with the employee life cycle in the Modesto Plant and Lathrop Distribution Center. Provides advice and counsel to leadership, supervisors, and employees regarding employee and labor relations, staffing and recruiting, and serving as the local advocate for EEO/Diversity efforts and organizational development initiatives.
* Lead and assume the accountability for Human Resources in the Modesto, CA Plant and Lathrop, CA Distribution Center.
* Ensure sound employee and labor relations practices are followed to comply with all Company policies and applicable laws.
* Manage all aspects of the employee lifecycle – recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training, coaching and counseling, discipline, terminations -- to maintain an effective qualified workforce to meet business objectives. Ensure consistency in all HR practices. Maintain contact with employees to monitor employee morale and attitude.
* Ensure compliance with corporate policies with regard to the proper completion of documentation and proper recordkeeping.
* In partnership with COEs, administer wage and benefit programs, communicating changes and updates as needed. Analyze and prepare wage and/or salary surveys and coordinate and develop the plant#39;s recommendations.
* Develop and administer the annual Affirmative Action Plan. Monitor compliance and goal attainment and ensure that all employees are treated fairly and without discrimination with respect to all personnel actions. Serve as the local EEO Coordinator, always working towards a goal of zero labor charges and lawsuits.
* In partnership with COEs, administer and ensure compliance with Food Safety, Safety, and Quality and Workers#39; Compensation programs.
* Work closely with the local union, manage the grievance and arbitration process for both locations. Prepare and participate in union negotiations.
* Represent the Company professionally in community activities, organizations, and industry functions.
* Conduct an overview of facility needs in training to ensure that managerial, clerical and technical training programs are identified and utilized. Point of contact for corporate level training to be coordinated and performed in the facility. Other duties as assigned. Del Monte Key Behaviors: GET OUR HANDS DIRTY
* Dig in and understand the business.
* Stay focused on priorities and drive for results.
* Pursue goals with purpose and persevere through challenges. CULTIVATE SOLUTIONS
* Improve processes, products and services.
* Take calculated risks to develop effective solutions.
* Use data and insights to drive business performance. GROW SUCCESS TOGETHER
* Create an inclusive environment where everyone feels valued.
* Collaborate and promote teamwork to achieve individual and shared goals.
* Hold ourselves and others accountable for commitments. Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study.
* Professional certification such as PHR, SHRM-CP is highly preferred.
* 3-5 years of experience with progressive Human Resource responsibility. Knowledge
* Understand both state and federal employment laws and regulations.
* Understand processing facility challenges with respect to staffing including seasonal staffing.
* Understand customer needs and expectations. Organize, plan, and problem-solve to exceed expectations and develop positive relationships.
* Forward thinker and innovator. Understand key financial indicators and how day-to-day decisions impact the bottom line and other parts of the organization.
* Possess high moral standards with integrity in all decisions, honest in word and deeds. Promote dignity, fairness, and consideration among the organization. Skills
* Working knowledge and skill in implementing, enforcing and educating facility staff on state and federal employment and safety laws and regulations as well as Company policy and procedures.
* Ability to multi-task and remain flexible. Possess and display desire, goodwill, initiative, and discipline.
* An effective communicator -- Use excellent oral and written skills to communicate with all levels including executive management, outside vendors, and major customers professionally. Keep both facility management team and corporate Human Resource team abreast of emerging situations as needed.
* Teach, coach, mentor, counsel, motivate, and empower. Nurture relationships that result in a productive environment that is founded on mutual trust and respect.
* Demonstrate leadership skills to all levels, particularly guiding reporting employees to approach their respective responsibilities in same manor. Translate vision and strategy into explicit plans and action. Rally support behind the vision. Inspire and motivate people to achieve high performance, rewarding and recognizing successes.
* Solution Oriented - work to overcome obstacles or roadblocks always working to resolve in a positive manner. Overcome challenges or obstacles even when it means choosing the hard right over the easy wrong. Actions
* Be a decision maker --weigh in and determine the course of action. Set and pursue goals with a sense of purpose and urgency.
* Be a standard-bearer - demonstrate ownership of policy and the Code of Conduct. Use authority in an appropriate manner.
* Train and empower the organization to run with expectations. Set clear expectations, guide and trust people to decide how to complete high-quality work. Align work and resources to ensure success. Stay focused on the critical priorities. Connect individual work deliverables to organizational goals.
* Demonstrate professional knowledge and good judgment with focus on achieving necessary tasks at hand and make course-corrections to ensure success. Focus on AOP plans and drive to achieve results. Measure progress against plans and goals. Physical Demands
* Must be able to physically handle walking, climbing, in a wide range of conditions for occasional to frequent periods maintaining endurance.
* Must be able to endure exposure to all potential temperature climates within facility.
* Must be able to climb stairs, occasionally.
* Must be able to stand, stoop and walk, occasionally to frequently.
* Must be able to sit sustained periods of time, frequently.
* Must be able to wear protective clothing --hard hat, glasses, hearing protection, steel toe shoes, hair/beard nets as required.
* Must have ability to carry up to 30lbs., occasionally.
* Must be able to balance or maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, uneven or slippery surfaces.
* Must be able to hear. WE OFFER
* Competitive salary.
* Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k). Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/). Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position. No sponsorship is available for this position. No agencies or 3rd party vendors. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled