Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
The Sr. Manager of Payroll will lead the Payroll Department to ensure the delivery of accurate timely payroll services and information to employees. This position will ensure that the Payroll Department s goals and objectives are being met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises and manages the performance of payroll staff.
- Manages Weekly and Biweekly payroll for employees in US & Canada
- Ensures accuracy of payroll processing including. hours calculations, manual check calculations, process adjustments, reimbursement, refunds and void checks,
- Provides guidance to team on prevailing laws governing payroll and income taxes, employee benefits, garnishments and other statutory pay and related entitlements
- Performs monthly true-up for vacation calculations, PTO and sick pay
- Manages information for positive pay, tax payments, and garnishments
- Enforces payroll guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Review, analyze, and reconcile payroll and payroll related data according to established timelines, standards, and procedures.
- Manages the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports for accounting reconciliations
- Works with HR partners on Total Rewards and Employee HR Data
- Recommends process changes and provide recommendation for processes updates
- Research and respond timely to employee payroll inquires
- Manage and provide support for audits and tax filings, quarterly and year-end processes such as T4 s, W-2's, W-2c's and 3rd Party Sick Pay
- Partners with Payroll Manager over Dayforce system on system related issues, configurations, etc.
- Abide to the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Policy.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls as applicable to your function within the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience payroll experience managing a team of 5 or more
- Strong knowledge of Ceridian preferred
- Prior experience in Canadian payroll preferred
- Experience working with accounting reconciliations and analysis
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong mathematical ability
- Excellent attention to detail
- Certification Required: CPP Preferred
At Aspire Bakeries, the health and safety of our associates is our number one priority. In fact, CARE is one of our Core Values. That s why all offers of employment, where legally permitted, are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to pass our pre-employment requirements.
Candidates may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them, a medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination, or because of a disability. Candidates may also be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if receiving the vaccine conflicts with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Requests for exemption and reasonable accommodation must be initiated by the candidate prior to date of hire.
*All medical information collected from candidates, including vaccination information and test results, obtained during the pre-employment process, will be treated in accordance with applicable laws and policies on confidentiality and privacy.
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.