No Recruiter or Agency Solicitation accepted for this role.
The DSD Sales Manager reports to the VP, Sales Operations within Crown Bakeries. This position will be responsible for the entire footprint (Southeast) in relation to the DSD business at Crown Bakeries Norcross where they will manage and develop the Regional Sales Team and Independent Distributors by focusing on growth within the current customer base and a strong emphasis on acquiring and retaining new strategic customers to drive the overall profitability of the business.
- Create and achieve annual sales budget by managing all aspects of the DSD business
- Manage and lead a team of (5) five Regional Sales Managers (RSMs)
- Design and implement sales growth plans that include an actively managed pipeline of prospective new accounts as well as new product introductions.
- Review customer sales reports to identify potential issues and address with specific action plans.
- Setup and lead weekly/monthly calls within the sales team, and cross functional teams as needed to address opportunities and challenges
- Manage and lead Group Purchasing Organization customers at the corporate level to secure and optimize sales and profit, including providing monthly reporting to each group.
- Manage the AR collection process in conjunction with the finance team as it relates to DSD.
- Lead and develop relationships and leverage the DSD/Independent Distributor network to prospect and grow strategic accounts, as well as manage all Distributor agreements.
- Communicate effectively with Distribution Center leads daily on shipping and delays
- Manage and approve weekly invoices relating to linehaul distribution partners
- Create departmental budget for Marketing, Travel, and all other expenses. Maintain and track performance to plan
- Create and present proposals to key decision makers with potential target customers
- Drive Continuous Improvement to decrease costs and improve profitability across the business segment
- Other duties as assigned by the VP, Sales Operations
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor s Degree in business related field or applicable experience (3 years or more) leading a team of sales professionals, will be taken into consideration in lieu of degree
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate Level)
- Corporate Applications SAGE, SEI (training to be provided)
- Attention to detail
- Strong self-starter/time management
- Flexibility in a changing environment
- Positive Attitude
- Knowledge of the sales cycle as it relates to foodservice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with multiple levels of management across customer base
This job operates predominately in the office environment, with secondary time in the field calling on customers and training the RSMs. There may be times when this position is at the physical plant or distribution center. This employee may occasionally be exposed to facility elements such as extreme temperatures, noise, dust, fumes, and odors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.