TITLE: Senior Internal Auditor
LOCATION: Guadalajara, Mexico - LATAM Shared Service Center
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Internal Auditor to lead and conduct planning and audit program development to execute various types of audits including operational, financial, and compliance reviews, across all business processes. As an Internal Audit team member reporting into the Ingredion Corporate Internal Audit organization, Westchester, IL US, you will be based in Ingredion#39;s LATAM Shared Service Center, Guadalajara, Mexico.
The position offers the opportunity to work with various levels of Management throughout the organization to build networking channels to further build and drive your career development. Including data analytics strategy, advanced auditing techniques of analyzing data both small to large, low complexity to high and geographical scope from local to global, to identify anomalies, policy non-compliance, and internal control weaknesses.
As a Senior Internal Auditor, your responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of accounting and management controls to ensure that valid, properly authorized transactions are completely and adequately processed.
- Determining compliance with Company policies, standards, procedures, and applicable statutes and government regulations.
- Preparing audit work papers and process flowcharts to document and support conclusions and audit findings in alignment with internal quality standards and requirements in conformance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Preparing concisely written audit findings and conclusions and assisting in the identification of process improvement opportunities while communicating the results via written reports and oral presentations to Management.
- Building strong working partnerships with the global Internal Audit team members and local internal SSC stakeholders and to deliver results and support business performance, objectives, and initiatives.
- Providing data analysis support to our Data Analytics team to assist in analyzing and identifying patterns, discrepancies, and anomalies in data to highlight exceptions within populations or key samples to review during audit testing procedures.
- Preparing documentation and analytic dashboards/reports that effectively and efficiently provide summarized results, analysis, conclusions to stakeholders, with supporting details readily available.
- Addressing ad-hoc analytics requests and facilitating data acquisition, as needed, to support internal audit projects, special projects, and investigations.
- Assisting in other Ad-Hoc reviews as required by Internal Audit Management
The Senior Internal Auditor position is well-suited for you if you:
- Exhibit professional objectivity and independence in gathering, evaluating, and communicating information about the activity or process being examined.
- Have experience and disciplined project management in leading and collaborating with colleagues to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Exude effective communication skills (both verbal and written), including active listening to interact with all levels of Management.
- Take the initiative, accept change, is self-motivated, and open to new ideas and approaches.
- Have a strong detail orientation with the ability to organize, schedule, and manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of data analytics practices and concepts (e.g., outlier, patterns, trend, and regression analyses)
Qualified candidates will have:
- A Bachelor#39;s degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or Engineering. MBA or Master#39;s degree is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting and/or internal auditing, finance, or business operations with a proven track record of accomplishments.
- A professional certification or progress towards at least one of the following: Certified Public Accountant (i.e., CPA, CPC) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office application suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio diagramming / flowcharting and experience with data visualization tools, such as Power BI and Tableau.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English; additional language skillset a plus.
- Ability to travel 15% including international travel at least once per year.
- Experience with SAP and/or other Enterprise Resource Planning Systems a plus.
- Experience in extracting, handling, mining, and querying data; including large and/or complex data sets.
Relocation Available? No
Job Grade: G
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions-corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.