Who is KIK ?
KIK creates products and brands that people trust to care for themselves, their families, and their homes. KIK offers leading brands and high-quality products that care for the everyday need of the consumers. KIK is committed to a culture of performance where collaboration, agility, and responsiveness are the cornerstones of success.
KIK#39;s Personal Care division is a market leading North American product developer, formulator and manufacturing partner for personal care and prestige beauty products serving global CPG companies and fast-growing asset-light brand owners. Our capabilities include a broad range of packaging formats (including aerosol and liquids) in multiple product categories (including hair, skin, bath and beauty, oral care, sun care and OTC). We have an extensive footprint of 7 manufacturing sites across the U.S. and Canada with a rigorous focus on quality. The products we make are distributed by our customers globally across all retail channels including mass, food, drug, specialty, wholesale and prestige (professional salons, spas, beauty specialty and department stores). Our goal is to always delight our customers and consumers with innovative high quality products and exceptional service.
This HR Manager provides comprehensive Human Resources support and strategic advice and guidance to the business leaders and to our 520 full time employee population at our two Cortland, NY manufacturing plants, to ultimately improve talent level in the organization and align people capabilities with business objectives. Ensures that all plant HR activities are performed in a legal, ethical, and credible way.
In partnership with site leadership and Sr. Director Human Resources, proactively identifies improvements, determines and implements short and long term strategies concerning plant talent capabilities, efficiency, and other matters. Advocates employees, drives administrative efficiencies, and continually strives to understand how HR supports the business for bottom-line site improvement. Understands and promotes the critical balance between site and corporate HR objectives. This posiiton reports to the SR. Director of Human Resources, KPC Division.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides guidance and drives efficiency and effectiveness in all areas of human resources,, including recruiting, compensation, talent management (e.g., training, succession planning) and administrative (e.g., payroll/benefits) programs
- Develops and implements Human Resources programs and policies in support of the business imperatives
- Coordinates and oversees the implementation of efforts and activities to comply with federal, state and local regulations.
- Partners with plant management to drive continual improvement of site people capabilities, including: performance management processes, competitive salary processes, recognition and rewards programs.
- Manages plant communications to promote employee understanding of business objectives programs and policies.
- Provides coaching and guidance and counseling to the General Manager and others
- Acts as liaison between Division/Corporate office.
- Liaises with employees to identify and resolve issues, assist with specific requests, interpretations.
- Administers labor relationships program in an unionized environments and participates in Collective Bargaining. Drives company needs in this process.
- Participates in Corporate/Divisional Projects as directed by VP, Human Resources.
- Act as the conscience of the organization and keeps a solid pulse on the organizational issues.
- Bachelor#39;s degree with a focus in human resources or related discipline, MBA or graduate degree is an asset
- PHR, SPHR preferred
- At least 5 years of progressive experience as a Human Resources Manager / Generalist in a fast-paced, expanding, World Class Manufacturing environment
- Experienced administering Plant level Human Resources for a FTE population of 400 employees in non-union production environment
- Teamwork, results-oriented and collaborative working style
- Strong communicator and influencer
- MS Office Products skills
- Bachelor degree (or higher) required in area of discipline
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with KIK!
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and is committed to seeking diversity in its workforce by attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified candidates and employees without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, ethnic or national origin, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other status protected by law.