Human Resources General
Job Posting Title:
Sr. Human Resources Generalist CAN
Position Overview: The Sr. HR Generalist provides day-to-day operational responsibilities in all HR areas including full-cycle recruitment for both hourly and salaried staff, onboarding, grievances, WSIB, workforce planning, talent development, change management, employee relations, performance management, health and safety support, employment law and compliance, and HR reporting. Responsibilities:
- As a key member of the Plant Steering Team, provides sound advice and coaching to department managers on all HR related areas that impact the plant.
- Supports labor and employee relations, providing direction and counsel regarding human resources tools and processes.
- Develops a positive working relationship with union officials in order to resolve disagreements that may occur with respect to the application of bargaining agreement(s) provisions and to facilitate change or implement continuous improvement initiatives to achieve company goals.
- Conducts investigations and maintains corrective action and grievance procedures; ensuring effective application and administration of collective bargaining agreements.
- Assists with evaluating the key business conditions and business objectives of the site and determine how they relate to labor relations and the bargaining agreements. Assists in developing a negotiation strategy aligning overall business objectives with collective bargaining objectives.
- Builds effective relationships with operational departments to understand their business goals and to proactively identify and implement solutions that align with organizational strategies.
- Manages multiple requisitions concurrently and takes accountability for recruitment delivery targets.
- Leads talent management programs, including performance review cycle tracking, individual development plans, and succession planning.
- Coordinates and facilitates onboarding programs.
- Ensures the facility is in compliance with all federal and provincial statues
- Participates in plant staff meetings to ensure an integrated business partnership and strong link with strategy and the direction of the business.
- Leverages system generated reports to conduct regular audits and provide relevant reports to the Plant Manager and HR Manager.
- Analyzes HR data for the purpose of identifying trends and preparing HR plans (i.e. performance management tracking, vacancy reports, HR scorecard, retention rates, etc.).
- Participates in various HR projects as required.
- Accessible to all production shifts.
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy and maintains discretion and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive employee data.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Human Resources or a related field preferred. (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources
- Manufacturing experience required, food industry experience preferred
- Experienced in a unionized work environment required
- Familiar with a 24/5 operational environment
- Must have a desire to walk the shop floor
- Experience and aptitude with HRIS, preferably with Workday
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- Thorough knowledge of full-cycle recruitment process
- Strong customer service, relationship building, problem solving and follow-up skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of current trends and issues in Human Resources Management
Required Leadership Competencies:
- Functional/ Technical Skills
- Ethics / Values
- Integrity / Trust
- Decision Quality
- Action Oriented
- Presentation Skills
- Building Effective Teams
- Managerial Courage (Command Skills)
- Strategic Agility (Priority Setting)
Travel: Minimal travel
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: None
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. BFG Canada Ltd., is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment process.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.