Position Title: Sr Financial Analyst, CPP & Portfolio Optimization
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time ?
Position Location: Toronto HQ
Requisition ID: 5272
Senior Financial Analyst, CPP & Portfolio Optimization
The purpose of the Senior Financial Analyst, CPP (Customer Product and Profit) & Portfolio Optimization is to support the Workstreams by providing cost and financial analysis in the areas of pricing execution, trade investment management, customer order behavior and value-added pricing in order to uncover opportunities for improved profit.
In this enterprise-wide role, the incumbent will be required to collaborate with their Workstream leader and other senior-level leaders within McCain to conduct financial analysis and translate this into cost-saving business cases which they supports and helps to drive as they are implemented by the organization. The incumbent must not only analyze and interpret financial data but is required to turn this data into a viable business case which in turn they need to implement within the organization.
• The incumbent will develop and maintain enterprise-wide scale models of each of the business units from the invoice up. They will consolidate sales transactions into a single data source, and then assign and allocate operating expenses down to the transaction level to build the Profitability Model.
• Will work with the regions to develop and update individual sku profit information which will aid in Portfolio Optimization work.
• Work closely with the business unit Finance & ISC staff to cleanse and reconcile the data, and then collaborate with the Global CPP Leader and specific Business Unit Leadership to develop creative insights into the business.
• Throughout the process, the SFA will make extensive use of database and spreadsheet technologies, and serve as technical resource for other members of the Global CPP team and Business Unit resources driving critical business analysis.
• Will play a lead role in implementing a monthly/repeatable profitability model and analysis tool-kit; and will work closely with the IT and Finance teams to execute a project focused on a implementing a sustainable CPP solution.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering.
• Master’s Degree in Business (nice to have)
• Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience and at least 1 year of this in an in-house (non-accounting firm) based role.
• Commercial experience is a strong asset.
• Incumbent must understand corporate financial statements, and the business processes used to create them, and be able to manipulate and reconcile the underlying data.
• Excellent Excel skills are a required, and database application skills are highly preferred (e.g. Microsoft Access, SQL Server).
• Primary relationship managers with the Business Unit Executives, Finance and IT departments, and must have professional interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Proficient in working with very large data sets, exceptional quantitative and analytic skills, and a keen attention to detail.
• 10% international and national travel required
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Job Family: Finance
Division: Project Management Office
Department: ?Global CPP ?
Location(s): CA - Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)