Position Title: Sr Financial Analyst, Commercial Finance
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time ?
Position Location: Toronto HQ
Requisition ID: 4429
Senior Finance Analyst, Commercial Finance
The Senior Financial Analyst, Commercial Finance is a key player within the Finance team, supporting and partnering with the Sales and Marketing teams to profitably grow the business. The primary responsibility is to bring financial leadership to create joint value creation with our customers through best-in-class analysis and controls. It includes: identifying pricing opportunities, cash improvement initiatives and trade spend management in order to maximize profitability. In addition, this role will contribute to improve our internal systems and processes to maintain high controls and improve decision making supporting tools.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Partner with the commercial team to drive profitable growth and key decision-making
• Drive decisions for net sales and margin improvement at various levels of the business through pricing and trade spends analysis. This includes interacting with sales team, customer development managers and category team to improve sales and price/mix.
• Contribute to improve sales forecast and timely proposing actions to mitigate trade related risks and maximize opportunities.
• Develop and implement various financial analyses including, but not limited to: product/customer profitability, key customer requests, trends and drivers, customer bid proposal support, pricing and promotion, and competitor benchmarking.
• Remain current on market conditions and market pricing on competing product categories and develop recommendations to changes in business or product category pricing strategy.
• Improve controls in the area of trade fund management. Enable Sales teams to effectively manage trade budgets and maximize performance behind spending.
• Work on other assigned priorities and contribute to organization development for the finance organization.
• Strong results and action oriented (initiative)
• Good business acumen
• Influencing and leadership skills
• Natural collaboration skills
• Responsive and capable of handling business pressure
• University degree in Business or Finance
Nice to have:
• Accounting designation (CPA)
Related work experience:
• 3-5 years’ experience with finance and trade fund management, preferably in the consumer product goods organization.
Looking for a candidate who is collaborative in their work approach.
• This role is highly dependent on the ability of the candidate to effectively communicate with Sales teams; while implementing controls and guardrails around trade spend management.
• The candidate must be able to work effectively with many functions, primarily; Sales, Sales Strategy and within Finance.
The Finance function is looking for a team player, and someone willing to ‘go the extra mile’.
• Many times there are non-finance requests which come to the Finance team, and this candidate must be willing to accommodate ad hoc requests.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Job Family: Finance
Division: Greater North America
Department: ?Foodservice Finance ?
Location(s): CA - Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)