Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sitdown together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, NewZealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Responsible for tactical support, strategic development and implementation of automation and controls training and education, mechatronics thought leadership, and the maintenance and upgrading of automation controls / electrical engineering systems across the global organization. This is a hands on role and the ideal candidate will be a servant leader to the field with accountability to problem solve, provide technical support, develop capability of teams, and the ability to lead project management / execution of assigned projects. This role will support global development teams in launching greenfield automated cold storage sites, working side by side with the local and regional operations/maintenance teams to ensure smooth transition. He/she will support Americold#39;s implementation teams pre- and post- go-live to ensure training, acceptance, ownership, spare parts management and preventive maintenance occurs for all robotics and automated systems.
This position serves as the technical automation controls / electrical engineering subject matter expert and mechatronics thought leader. Works closely with Facility Service Directors, Facility Service Managers, Maintenance Technicians, IT, Energy, Design Engineering, Program Management and Business Development teams for improving asset reliability, increasing asset availability, and reducing expenses. Developing capability across facilities to maintain automation and controls as well as improve reliability of automated assets is the key focus of this position.
1. Provide progressive and innovative technical solutions and recommendations to increase asset availability & reliability (MTBF & MTTF) of automated equipment and deploys best practices, technology, tools, and training to field.
2. Lead Early Equipment Management support for Automation and Controls, providing engineering leadership to ensure Asset Maintenance Plans and technical capabilities for new equipment / technology are in place prior to go-lives.
3. Support all new business automated launches and existing sites with automation to ensure sites are maintaining the automation equipment, spare parts lists, PM#39;s and firmware/software is updated for proper corporate and supplier support.
4. Lead workstream of maintenance transition to support site staffing, skillset assessments, supplier training and general stability.
5. Provide ongoing maintenance support, trouble-shooting / downtime, PLC ladder logic adjustments as needed due to changes in business.
6. Accountable to mitigate failure modes of automated assets through training, mentoring, and coaching technical team members to develop the skillsets required to maintain automated equipment.
7. Develop and deploy controls engineering and automation maintenance standards and procedures for automation equipment and systems.
8. Develop, implement, and monitor the effectiveness of critical automated equipment health across global operations.
9. Develop and lead project execution related to mechatronics, automation controls / electrical engineering maintenance and upgrades; meeting technical, schedule and budget objectives.
10. Analyze maintenance data relating to automation and controls to identify trends impacting asset and organizational performance; develops solutions against findings for optimizing reliability and reducing expenses.
11. Working with Sr. Maintenance Analyst, perform Weibull analysis to predict system reliability and availability by constructing reliability block diagrams, fault tree diagrams or failure mode effect and criticality worksheets prior to go-lives on automated equipment.
12. Develop, program, and troubleshoot automation and control systems involving PLC#39;s, HMI#39;s, operator interface, servo controllers, motion controls, programmable switches and all other electrical components as required.
13. Develop and support strategic automation supplier relationships and performance management for automated equipment to ensure effectiveness of OEM level support.
14. Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor#39;s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Controls) preferred; would consider 10 years documented experience in reliability engineering / automation controls in lieu of education
• 7-10 years#39; professional experience in areas of Controls Engineering, Mechatronics, Automation, and/or Electrical Engineering preferred.
• Requires broad knowledge and strong functional understanding of Reliability Centered Maintenance and Predictive / Condition Based Monitoring technologies.
• Preferred reliability professional certification: CMRP, CRL, CRE, and/or RMIC.
• Preferred project management professional: PMP (or ability to gain certification upon hire).
• Must be knowledgable and have experience with GAMP
• Must have subject matter expertise in Siemans and/or Rockwell Automation PLCs, RS Logix, Factory Talk & Wonderware
• Must possess experience and knowledge of Network Architecture / Infrastructure
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
• Ability to motivate teams and others, maintaining a persuasive credible and approachable presentation style.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with process focused problem analysis resolution.
• Solid decision making skills.
• Progressive, flexible, and team-oriented approach desired.
• Demonstrates uncompromising level of integrity and code of ethics.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, primarily with Word, Excel, and Project.
• Ability to travel; Estimate 60+%.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time with frequent interruptions.
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching or bending.
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work.
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks.
• Requires frequent travel by automobile and airplane 50+% of the time.
• Frequently carries loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
• Requires use of various electronic tools.
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings.
• Requires ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
• Requires performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.