Dawn Foods is looking for a smart and experienced Sr. Engineer - SRE to join our growing team at our new Digital Innovation Hub located in Boston. We are a leading global bakery manufacturing and distribution organization at the beginning of our digital journey. This is an exciting opportunity to join a start-up within an established company and make a significant impact as we seek to transform the business and become a digital platform company. This role reports to our Boston-based, Senior Director Technical Architect.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Lead architectural effort to continuously improve our platform and execute a technical roadmap to improve stability, scalability, resiliency, and performance of systems
- Implementing and maintaining a Continuous Integration Solution.
- Perform QA, Load and Stress Testing of applications using enterprise level Test Automation tools
- Contribute to application and technical architecture plans as they relate to existing tools and systems
- Assist in the process of choosing systems, tools, and software solutions
- Be part of or lead initiatives within Digital to develop and improve standards and methodologies
- Security: Understanding of secure design, scan tools, remediation, coding practices, XSS, XSRF, SQLi, XMLi, Cookie replay, CORS, etc.
- Infra: Hands-on experience with major public cloud technologies (GCP/Azure/AWS), infrastructure-as-code toolset
- Networking: TCP/IP, Architecture, security patterns, and implementation, firewalls, routing, VLANs, certificates, Active Directory, Group Policies, roles and permissions
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- OS: Unix/Linux distros - CentOS, Red Hat
- Environment: Experience with Linux/RHEL, bash, powershell scripting, cloud tools such as gcloud, gsutils
- Monitoring: Splunk, ELK, Stackdriver, AppDynamics, New Relic, or Dynatrace AppMon
- Testing: Continuous integration and writing unit tests, set up and maintain tools such as Jenkins, Circle CI, Sonar, cucumber, or similar
- Performance: Jmeter, Blazemeter, Soasta, Load Runner or similar
- Automation/Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- OOP/Languages: Java (JVM optimization), Python, Ruby
- Web Services: Proficiency with SOAP, REST services, XML/XSL/XSD, GraphQL Server and Client
- Databases: Proficiency with MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL, or SQL Server
- Middleware: Proficiency with Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, Nginx, or other major application server(s)
- Development Tools: Proficiency with Apache Maven, distributed version control systems such as Git
- NoSQL/Caching: Proficiency with Cassandra, Redis, Memcached
- 5+ years Systems engineering experience in enterprise scale internet service engineering or support role
- Experience managing environment of highly scalable, maintainable, high-availability web applications and enhancing existing ones
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 10% Travel
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.