Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Reviews product requirements to determine and design collaboratively an optimized technical and business solution for projects that require capital investment. Provides technical support where equipment may need modification for immediate improvement in an upset condition. Continuous improvement mindset - Recommends and implements improvements, modifications or additions which will enhance the Engineering work streams. 5 years related experience.
- Develops Front-End-Loading packages (FEL#39;s) that are complete, clear, concise, and reflecting thorough due diligence to ensure project success. FEL packages include, but are not limited to
- Technology assessment and recommended solutions reflecting plant, company, and industry best-in-class practices; Physical location and general arrangement placements (drawing level); Infrastructure requirements and needs assessment; Work with Engineering Project Manager to determine preliminary Capital / Expense Estimates; Work with the Engineering Project Manager to determine a design schedule that meets that overall project schedule requirements; Equipment / System Performance criteria; Identification of Alternatives, Pre-requisites, Risks, and Opportunities; Write detailed functional control descriptions for the unit operations and processing systems recommended by the Engineer.
- Reviews Technical Briefs providing technical guidance to project team
- Develops Business Case Screening scopes and estimates to give the business a directional view of a project and the robustness of the business case
- Keeps current with latest food processing technology and commercial applications.
- Keeps current with latest industry regulations and codes relative to Processing equipment system design and operation.
- Provides technical and economic feasibility to other groups within the Company that are focused on improvements to the current state and developing competitive advantages against peer set.
- BS or MS degree in Chemical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Food Engineering, or Agricultural Engineering.
- Food Engineering emphasis is required in addition to practical experience of 5 years in food manufacturing and food process system design.
- Experience in Project Engineering and project execution a plus.
- Understanding of continuous improvement applications in engineering design.
- Proven effectiveness in working collaboratively within a matrix organization.
- Proven ability to transcribe project requirements into an effective technical solution through sound application of engineering principles.
- Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Excellent leadership qualities, verbal and written communication skills, and technical analysis and problem solving skills are required.
- This position is located in Omaha NE, Chicago IL or select field locations.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.