Schwans Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron, Tonys, Big Daddys, Villa Prima and Freschetta pizza; Mrs. Smiths and Edwards desserts; and Pagoda Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwans, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring a Sr EHS Compliance Specialist in Stilwell OK. This position is responsible for the development implementation evaluation and maintenance of moderate to complex safety programs policies and processes to achieve a workplace free of work- related injuries and to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and/or company standards.
- Assists in organizing and administering a comprehensive safety and compliance program.
- Performs root cause analysis to investigate incidents and identifies possible changes to reduce the potential for reoccurrence or failure of a covered process; in the event of employee culpability develops action plans for remedial training provides coaching and counseling and/or recommends disciplinary action.
- Formulates and communicates general safety practices to be followed by company personnel to ensure all covered processes comply with applicable regulations and/or standards.
- Organizes and maintains an active safety committee to include facilitating meetings and promoting employee engagement.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate documentation of procedures and interventions arising from risk assessment including occupational health and safety considerations in the design specification purchase hire lease and supply of new plant equipment materials products and substances used in the workplace.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with plant leadership and other departments and acts as a consultant regarding the design and use of equipment and/or processes to reduce the potential for loss or risk exposure and to ensure compliance and that safety goals are being met.
- Closely manages and monitors all elements of the facility#39;s Risk Management Program (RMP) and Process Safety Management (PSM) program with an emphasis on ensuring current and accurate P&IDs standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Management of Change (MOCs).
- Ensures timely follow up to PSM/RMP audit findings such as compliance audit mechanical integrity process hazard analysis non-destructed testing etc. Responsible for ensuring measurable progress is made.
- Coordinates the PSM Mechanical Integrity audits Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Compliance Audit (CA) as required to effectively manage covered processes in compliance with all applicable regulations including but not limited to required documentation. Leads in helping to ensure there is timely follow up to recommendations made from PSM audits/inspections.
- Inspects facility for hazards to reduce the potential of loss/risk further define hazards recommend improvements and monitor compliance initiatives and recommendations.
- Coordinates the inspection and monitoring of all fire protection systems to ensure they are maintained and operated in compliance with the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requirements company standards and insurance carrier recommendations to ensure fire protection systems perform as designed.
- Develops and conducts training programs in coordination with Learning & Development to enhance existing programs or develop new programs to further reduce the potential for accidents injuries or other loss.
- Interfaces with federal and state regulatory agencies for inspections audits and compliance issues.
- Monitors updates and distributes changes to the Emergency Action Plan (EAP) and assists with training.
- Manages hazardous materials response team training documentation and facilitates coordination with local state and national response teams as directed.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor#39;s Degree or equivalent preferred
Years of Related Experience: Typically has 5 - 7 years related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer experience preferable in Microsoft Word Excel and/or Access.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of EPA OSHA and other State or Federal program requirements.
- Work experience or education in Occupational Safety and Health Industrial Hygiene and/or Industrial Safety and Health.
- Must be willing to obtain training in safety PSM and environmental regulations and related programs.
- Specialized knowledge of hazardous materials.
- Experience with plant operations and processes preferred. Able to work in both hot and cold environments.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwans Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.