TITLE: Sr. Director of Business Development
I. POSITION OBJECTIVE (State the purpose of this job and reason for existence)
Represents Florida Supplement with upmost respect and integrity as the face of the company. Contacts and secures new business accounts/customers. Manages new business development pipeline up to receipt of Purchase Orders. Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s manufacturing services.
Manages existing customer relationships with focus on account retention and growth by adding new SKUs and increasing margins.
Is responsible for managing and training assigned department personnel and employees.
II. MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY (Describe major functions of this job)
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s services.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective presentations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the organization.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
- Follows and ensures personnel comply with established procedures including standard operating procedures (SOP’s), cGMP, food safety regulations and safety procedures.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives that will positively impact business development cycle and turnaround time.
- Negotiates price increases, Supply Agreements and other terms related to sales accounts.
- Is main point of contact for all customers existing and new business development initiatives including piloting and sampling, line extensions and new product development
- Participates in the Leadership committee and contributes to troubleshooting and improvement initiatives of the company.
A. TECHNICAL JOB CRITERIA (Minimal Technical Requirements)
1.Previous Related Experience Required
Must possess 5-10 years of experience in the Food Supplement market.
2.Technical Skills Required to Perform this Job
Bi-lingual - English/Spanish Highly Preferred.
3.Education (Minimal Education Needed)
High School - College Degree preferred.
5.Other Requirements (Physical/Mental Demand, Schedule/Hours, Travel)
Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach). Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software. Valid driver’s license.
B. FUNCTION-SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES/BEHAVIORS (Selected by Immediate Supervisor from Guideline for Recruitment, Selection, and Hiring)
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
Florida Supplement provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Florida Supplement complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absence, compensation, and training.