At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people#39;s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Sr. Customer Logistics Specialist, CO in Broomfield, Colorado.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Customer Logistics Specialist is accountable for managing the order to delivery process for large customer accounts specifically, the Tier 1 or Top 30 customer accounts. They are the face of Danone North America to our customers. The Customer Logistics Specialist will proactively lead the resolution of all issues related to customer orders. They collaborate with the Customer, internal Supply Chain partners, and Field Sales to meet service objectives and deliver growth. They are responsible for driving productivity initiatives and delivering cost and service improvements in partnership with Supply Chain and Field Sales. Minimal travel required.
Customer Order & Logistics Management
- Manages customer accounts, from order receipt to delivery including order fill, transportation planning, on time delivery monitoring, exception management and supporting promotions, seasonal and new item launch management.
- Customer relationship management - effectively deliver communications on service interruptions and product availability.
- Acts as first point of contact to investigate problems and facilitate issue resolution to maximize timely and efficient sales order and invoice processing.
- Monitors service performance and drives service improvement by analyzing root cause, recommending and implementing improvements to advance service performance.
- Investigate order/invoice processing problems and facilitates issue resolution.
- Manages the order fulfillment process through daily review of customer orders against the available network inventory and determines strategy for managing shortfalls
- Drives communication with planning team to optimally manage customer demand
- Determine mitigation strategies to resolve inventory shortfalls by identifying opportunities to improve order fill with resupply movements, moving customer orders to alternate shipping locations or allocating available inventory across customer orders
- Monitors and tracks stock transfer movements to manage supply network disruptions
Productivity & Process Improvement
- Identifies opportunities to innovate, improve service and/or reduce cost. Analyzes opportunities, develops recommendations and implements process improvements that deliver results.
- Drives cross functional collaboration with Supply Chain, Customer and Field Sales to achieve supply chain efficiencies.
- Develops and maintains process and procedure documentation.
- Develops and maintains training content; plans and provides training to new hires.
- Manage customer scorecards and provide service level reporting to internal and external partners; responsible for maintaining service performance including root cause analysis and managing service to targets
- Connect and build relationships with customers, understand their business models, and influence key decision makers to initiate collaboration with Danone North America.
- Provide internal partners including Supply Chain and Sales leadership with insights and perspective on each customer#39;s operating model.
- Design and deliver product flow solutions and process improvements which balance Danone North America#39;s investment/cost with increased sales and waste reduction.
- Evaluate customer specific requests for supply chain services and align the value proposition with internal partners
Education and Experience:
- SAP experience preferred
- Bachelor#39;s Degree required (3-5 years relevant experience and/or 1-3 years internal experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- At least 3 years of progressive Customer Service, Logistics or Supply Chain experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work well in a self-managed team environment. This includes cooperatively scheduling work, vacation, hours, and team task assignments.
- Demonstrated experience in Order Fulfillment & Management, Transportation, Pricing Structure and the Credit and Returns process required
- Demonstrated experience or relevant knowledge in the following areas: SAP, MicroStrategy, Forecasting, Planning, Inventory Management preferred
- Ability to apply a logical, creative and comprehensive approach to problem solving
- Capacity to comfortably interact with all levels of the business and customers to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Judgment to resolve issues with the appropriate sense of urgency including after standard business hours support
- Ability to maintain productivity and professionalism while under pressure to meet strict deadlines and balance multiple priorities; Displays attention to detail for both accuracy and content
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to analyze issues, develop corrective actions or continuous improvement process, align stakeholders to implement the change and communicate the outcome
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills required