Performs extensive analytics around competitive activity, category trends, and promotional activity. Creates value-added and actionable selling presentations, incorporating customer learning and strategic brand insights that will grow business at key customers. Utilizes data to develop pricing analysis, SKU rationalization analysis, and fact-based trade recommendations supported by key performance indicators. Provides ad hoc analysis for key internal and external customers
Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead collaborative business development process with senior sales leadership for assigned key accounts. Gain a full understanding of DFA Dairy Brands strategies and priorities and synchronize those strategies with customer objectives.
- ?Perform monthly and ad hoc analysis for key customers and prepare presentations and other materials as required. Proactively identify business growth opportunities through in-depth analysis of category information, internal shipment data, syndicated panel data, and key account scan data (when available)
- Conduct new item performance reviews, delivering findings and recommendations to senior sales leadership and other key personnel
- Provide Gap Analysis to explore optimal pricing gaps between Brand and Private Label products to maximize sales
- Works with sales personnel to develop yearly trade promotional plans and programs, including shopper marketing programs. Identify key growth opportunities for the year and develop a plan to win
Reconciles promotional activities with these promotional plans, measures results, and presents findings to various levels of management; may take the lead and directly present at key customer meetings
Create IRI scorecards/Unify stories to analyze competitive trends and gain an understanding of the competitive market to better optimize our products in the marketplace
- ?Provide category analysis for category reviews and new item introductions; utilize findings to make recommendations for opportunities to grow the business (distribution, assortment, pricing, etc.). Assist senior sales leadership with information for customer presentations
Optimize product assortment and productivity through space to sales analysis; share best in class merchandising guidelines and make recommendations that influence shelving decisions. Expand successful practices/programs across customers.
Maintain IRI market and panel data and reporting tools ensuring up-to-date information is available to all sales and management personnel
Utilize Power BI to develop dashboards that quickly identify sales trends and opportunities at key accounts. Create dashboards to be shared and presented by account managers in customer meetings to clearly communicate DFA Dairy Brands sales trends and areas for improvement
- Provide analysis using both the DFA Dairy Brands Enterprise Data Warehouse as well as customer POS data and loyalty data (where available). Assist senior sales leadership with information for major customer presentations.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned