Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 13 bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
The Senior Controls Engineer will maintain all of the plant and production electrical and control systems.
The incumbent will be responsible to train and to coordinate the efforts of Electro-Mechanics on all shifts and assist as necessary in troubleshooting and documentation of root cause failure analyses. Will maintain systems including electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and network sub-systems. Work by direction from the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Planner and/or Maintenance Manager, ensuring that the maintenance and production schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain current documentation of all electrical and controls systems including device hardware and software.
- Assist Mechanics and Electro-Mechanics in troubleshooting and repair of electrical or controls related failures.
- Train and coordinate activities of Electro-Mechanics on all shifts as necessary.
- Work from offsite locations occasionally to assist with equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Maintain production equipment while running on a product production schedule. Perform electrical and mechanical inspection safely while equipment is in production.
- During equipment down days the Senior Controls Engineer will coordinate work on the production lines taking care of any corrective, preventive or scheduled repairs in accordance with the company and/or machine vender specification.
- In the event of an equipment breakdown the Senior Controls Engineer will oversee the Electro-Mechanical Technician to determine the cause of the trouble, repair and return the equipment back into production in the shortest time period.
- Complete assigned tasks in accordance with government codes and regulations, GMP, safety, quality control, company programs and procedures.
- Primarily performs preventive, scheduled or corrective repairs on batching and continuous process control systems, their networks, AC/DC and servo drives, pneumatics, hydraulics and mechanical components.
- Maintain plant secondary systems for the supply of steam, hot and chilled water, pneumatic air, electrical power, refrigeration, HVAC and emissions control (oxidation).
- Maintain work records in accordance with work orders, backlog and job assignment system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May travel to various locations to purchase parts, attend training or for other duties.
- Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Working knowledge of control system projects including Machine layout, control drawings, P&ID, system interconnection drawings and the understanding of local and distributed control. Proficient in the use of basic to advance programming design and configuration concepts using A/B-Rockwell, Siemens and Mitsubishi software packages.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- Have the ability to read and interpret work orders, operating manuals and maintenance instructions. Ability to complete forms detailing maintenance work performed.
- Ability to perform basic and advance math, convert all units of measurement using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret graphs and diagrams preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Have the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Rockwell, Siemens, Mitsubishi software and preventative maintenance software preferred.
- Depending on location, may require various licenses by local, county, state or federal agencies. Requires valid driver s license.
- AS/AAS degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering preferred or equivalent High school/military and practical experience in related field with background in full machine and electrical control system design, installation and commissioning.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be standing or walking nearly 100% of the time, including occasional walking on uneven ground. Hand and finger movement is required frequently to manipulate hand tools, parts and equipment. The employee is occasionally required to smell. The employee is expected to frequently carry tools or equipment up to 25 pounds; and to twist, bend and stoop in conjunction with lifting up to 50 pounds with the aid of co-workers. Frequent flexing, extending and turning of the neck and head are required. With the aid of co-workers, the employee is expected to occasionally push/pull equipment on wheels up to 75 to 200 pounds approximately 75 feet. The employee is occasionally required to climb ladders up to 25 feet when repairing roof, light fixtures
- This position requires employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills, including seeing, speaking and hearing, due to the operation of various types of moving equipment used in the bakery. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for collecting and distributing information to staff, and communicating with co-workers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather), and to rapid changes in temperature. The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can get loud.
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.