Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under the guidance of the Manager of Global Procurement, Proteins, this position is responsible for the procurement of Beef, Broth, and Food Grade Chemicals, for all Campbell locations in North America with an annual spend valued at over $75 MM. The individual will ensure quality of materials, competitive pricing, adherence to company policies, procurement processes and endeavors related to the operation of a proactive and strategic Global Procurement Business Unit.
- Execute and provide input for the category management strategies set by the Global Team for cost reduction or value enhancement that result in tangible benefits to the bottom line.
- Support the execution of category strategies across plant networks, supply base, and align with business goals and objectives. Support the evaluation of strategies based on changing market conditions and provide inputs during strategic sourcing activities, including internal and external analysis and negotiations
- Assess realized benefits from sourcing and develop improvement strategies and initiatives post-sourcing
- Stay abreast of leading edge purchasing techniques and champion the use of formal category management techniques and processes
- Lead coaching and individual training/development as required to build capability to deliver overall category objectives
- Continuously improve upon personal skills adopting continuous learning and skill development and seeking feedback
- Prepare monthly commodity projections and market conditions to various business units, as well as complex pricing, volumes or market index reports.
- Responsible for over $75MM of of Beef, Broth, and Food Grade Chemicals supporting 5 operating units (North America Foodservice, Canada, Pepperidge Farm, America#39;s and Co-man#39;s) and 15 plants.
- Ensure items are purchased in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Utilize category/commodity knowledge to support business objectives.
- Evaluate and purchase materials for our facilities at a competitive cost. Must be knowledgeable of commodity characteristics and marketplace cost drivers. Close interaction with Corporate, Business Units and Plant personnel.
- Execute and provide input to strategy, manage and evaluate acquisition process (Sourcing, Developing and Negotiating) ensuring competitiveness and limiting the risk to Campbell Soup Company.
- Support cross functional groups to develop Productivity programs that deliver Enabler and Total Procurement Value (TPV) targets. (Category Management)
- Support Supplier Relationship Management programs that focus on Quality, Productivity and Innovation.
- Become the subject Matter Expert of North America category specific information on spend, supplier performance, user adoption and compliance, standards and specifications and industry benchmarks.
- Ensure all NA SAP contracts are issued timely and accurately.
- Promote value engineering analyses to support ongoing performance improvement and cost reduction.
- Lead the efforts for supplier quality and delivery targets achievement, interacting with internal and external stake holders and partners
- Develop and actively promote Campbell s Supplier Diversity Strategy.
- Minimum education required: Bachelor#39;s degree with MBA desired.
- Years of relevant experience required: 3 to 5 years direct procurement (required); 3 to 5 years procurement in proteins (meats, pork) highly preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to develop overall material category strategies incorporating Procurement functional and business needs with skills to implement plans effectively
- Ability to lead negotiations for major and complex buckets of spend
- Manages large, complex, or multiple projects effectively
- Good inter-personal skills to navigate and bridge multi-functions as well as levels of organization
- Stretches team perspective faster, broader, deeper insights into issues and potential ramifications
- Business and analytical leadership skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong excel skills (reports, macros, information extraction and manipulation, graphics and complex data analysis)
- Listens to learn hears what is not said and able to adapt communications #39;on the fly#39; to what is being said
- Integrates purchasing excellence strategy with other functional strategy in the business by ensuring that purchasing input is considered in the development of business unit and supply chain strategies
- Influences long-term supplier technology, innovation and resource direction towards Campbell s needs
- Recognized by the business for providing robust supply base with risk mitigation and opportunity management
- Influence change in support of "buyer of the future" concept
- Normal corporate office environment
- Travel as required to perform duties, approximately 30%
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.