Are you a results oriented, self-motivated individual interested in a position that can make a difference within a well-respected company? Wixon is a growing and progressive manufacturer of custom seasoning blends and flavor systems. Located in St. Francis, WI, we have been blending innovation with a passion for service since 1907. We are always looking for talented individuals seeking to build a career and join the Wixon family. Wixon has an immediate opening for a Buyer.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for assuring continuous supply and timely procurement of assigned items within the quality and quantity parameters established by the Company. This position requires identifying, facilitating approval and integrating alternative products, suppliers and/or supply solutions to leverage lower TCO, lead-times, on-time deliveries, higher quality and stable supply options to Wixon.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate global strategic sourcing of food ingredients, packaging and contract manufacturing
- Control supplier management to assure consistent compliance with quality standards and specifications, shipping stipulations and on-time and complete delivery
- Develop and maintain packaging and ingredient supply strategies to compliment production and sales requirements
- Optimize inventory, minimizing conditions leading to stagnant/obsolete and expired shelf-life inventories
- Ability to coach/mentor/train other buyers on staff
Key Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- A minimum 8 years of experience required
- Experience in Food Ingredient/Manufacturing is preferred
- Ability to utilize judgment to maintain and negotiate desirable supplier relationships and agreements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as required to optimize supplier relationships and performance
Wixon offers much to its employees, including an onsite cafeteria with an employee meal plan, as well as many other competitive benefits which include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Educational Assistance, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Company Sponsored Employee Events, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Days and Paid Holidays. Our corporate campus in St. Francis, WI is close to both the Milwaukee airport and the restaurants, museums, theaters, galleries, and shopping in downtown Milwaukee.
Please visit our website for more company information at www.wixon.com
It is Wixon’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or physical disability.