Position Title: Sr. Buyer, Indirect Procurement
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Oakbrook Terrace
The Sr. Buyer, Indirect Procurement is responsible for leading the sourcing of $100 million in Indirect spend for the McCain Foods company. This person leads the sourcing strategy development, tactics and key activities for a portion of the indirect category (i.e. R&D services, HR services, consulting, marketing, travel, etc.). This position is responsible for leading supplier relationship development, including monitoring performance versus expectations. The Sr. Buyer will recommend and implement business allocations.
The Sr. Buyer will bring leadership on market knowledge, influencing business needs and commercial results to the company. Must have in-depth knowledge of:
- Procurement Skills and Best Practices
- Procurement Systems
- Business Services
He/she will lead the overall supplier relationship strategy for their spend area, ensuring proper commercial treatment of suppliers by reinforcing policy, ethics and our strategic approach with suppliers and with other company departments. This role will need to understand Procurement Systems and Processes to ensure proper procurement transactions are followed. Engage and collaborate cross region with peers and other team members of the Indirect category to deliver best practices and accelerated results.
- Drive cost focused strategy for Indirect spend area
- Contribute and lead execution of sourcing plans and strategies to deliver ongoing cost savings targets
- Delivery of Sustainable Cost Advantage Program
- Build supplier relationship program for the relative markets to deliver significant value for McCain Foods
- Ensure company purchases in the spend pool comply with company internal controls requirements
- Build strong client relationships with the McCain team in the indirect category.
- Ensures proper stewardship for Procurement Transactions in the Indirect Category.
- Ensure Coupa is updated and maintained for the Global Procurement Team
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business or engineering). Master’s Degree would be an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ procurement experience, preferably in indirect spend areas. Willing to consider 1-2 years’ experience, with relevant Indirect procurement experience.
Critical TECHNICAL (Function-Specific) Competencies:
- Knowledge of SAP and Indirect Procurement Systems.
- Knowledge of Coupa (or similar sourcing tool).
Critical CORE (General Behavioral and Business) Competencies:
- Core Procurement Experience & Skills
- Linking business needs to leverage scale
- Sourcing strategy development
- Strong supplier management skills
- Negotiating / Influencing skills
- Client relationship management
- Financial analysis skills
- Industry analysis skills
- Capacity: Proven ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities
- Business thinking: Able to connect business needs with external capabilities
- Organizational Leadership: Able to lead the organization and supply base to maximize results
- Collaboration: Regarded as a constructive team player and have a strong sense of partnership behavior
- Analytical thinking: Disciplined and data oriented to gain competitive advantage
- Strategic thinking: Able to think strategically and plan for the long term
- Communication: Ability to communicate objectives clearly both in writing and orally
- Ability to work independently when needed, to make sound business decisions, and can accurately balance risks with business needs
- Diversity mindset: Ability to manage in a matrix organization and across regions and cultures
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs