Join Our Community of Food People!
Our Foundation: The US Foods Way
US Foods® is a Fortune 150 supplier of food and kitchen equipment, partnering with restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. The foundation that allows us to deliver on our strategy is the strength and ability of our employees to work in The US Foods Way. At over 70 locations nationwide and 28,000 employees strong, we believe in teaming up and are committed to excellence as we deliver on our promise to help customers.
This position is Remote Region Based and will require multiple travel sites and reside within the New York Metro area.
The Sr. Business Solution Specialist orchestrates the US Foods#39; integrated delivery network (IDN) m anagement program designed to aggregate the purchase volume, improve incentives, maximize the contract and strengthen the overall relationship with the IDN. This position serves as the key contact and dynamic link between our IDN C-Suite teams, Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) and US Foods National Sales leadership.
This position will create a strategic plan for assigned Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN) to support business retention and growth. You will collaborate with all internal and external business partners to execute this strategy by:
- growing a relationship web of influence within the IDN, to include C-Suite, GPO Executives, Region Leadership, Health Systems and Account Executives;
- understanding customer expectations and managing these with a strategic action plan for each IDN;
- implementing the plan with associated timeline to deliver results;
- collaborating with support personnel at Distribution Centers, Business Solutions and Menu Solutions teams to achieve customer initiatives;
- analyzing and communicating system results, with IDN leadership and US Foods executive leadership teams;
- Implementing of all appropriate US Foods Business and Menu Solutions tools and processes.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional US Foods sales leadership to identify, develop and launch innovative solutions for IDN operations.
- Development and implementation of a successful IDN Strategy to support the retention and growth with identified and assigned networks;
- Creation of a tactical plan to meet customer goals, expectations and desired outcomes. Coordinate the support team necessary to implement the tactical plan;
- Implement and conduct monthly calls, quarterly and annual business reviews, as well as document progress against overall strategic initiatives;
- Execution of strategic IDN Playbook (process guides, time & events, scorecard, proforma, Trendview analysis, risk assessment, etc.) created for the consistent execution of processes;
- Grow and expand the web of influence by increasing visibility and elevating communications at multiple levels of C-Suite and Supply Chain leadership;
- Prioritize and coordinate initiatives with Business Solutions team for effective and efficient use of resources, as well as manage the implementation of business solutions with assigned IDNs;
- Responsible for all correspondence to include meeting minutes and follow up activities ensuring that all parties are informed of changes in IDN strategy, team changes, organizational changes, and issue resolutions;
- Perform a risk assessment for each IDN and implement a SOS Plan as needed;
- Work with US Foods National sales leadership to identify, participate and execute perspective IDN opportunities;
- Achieve IDN targeted sales plan that supports US Foods AOP case and sales growth in the healthcare segment with business volume of $150M-$200 M dollars.
No direct day to day supervision. Responsible for the coordination of team resources and other support for system for IDN strategy results.
Internal: Distribution Center personnel, Area and Region leadership, Healthcare
Directors, Business Solutions team, Menu Solutions team and other US Foods support
External: IDN CEO, CFO, VP of Support Services, VP of Supply Chain,
Directors of Materials Management, GPO executive level personnel, Foodservice
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Food Service Management, Dietetics or other relevant field required.
Related Experience :
- A minimum of five years#39; work experience in foodservice healthcare industry required AND a minimum of 2 years prior experience as a Business Solutions Specialist preferred. Sales experience strongly desired.
- Must possess strategy development and analytical skills, executive level presentation skills, and ability to build relationships at multiple organizational levels.
- Must have ability to communicate and collaborate effectively, lead a team and build consensus are required for success.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite (Power Point, Excel, Outlook, and Word), USF Data Warehouse Applications and limited experience with Access required.
- Must be able to travel 50%-75% of the time, required.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***