Location: Westchester, Illinois
Ingredion is currently recruiting for the position of Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst. In this role, we are seeking a skilled, passionate BI Analyst to work with cross-functional business users to design, develop and deploy solutions for business intelligence environment. Experienced in integrating and analyzing data from a variety of databases and sources, especially SAP ECC and SAP BW, in Power Query and building visualization using Power BI. Our ideal candidate will have strong proficiency in SQL Server and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX), but will also demonstrate team leadership, innovation, and a structured, process-driven data modeling mindset.
As a Senior BI Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborates with multiple teams (onsite and offshore) and acts as a liaison between different business units and IT team in gathering requirements to be used in developing reports using business analytics tools, preferably Power BI
- Coordinates with different departments such as Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales, and Operations to understand BI requests and provide innovative BI deliverables while training business power users on building reports/dashboards
- Supports existing Power BI solutions leveraging SAP and non-SAP sources
- Takes ownership and actively contributes to existing Ingredion Data community by providing responses to queries to the Data Community members as well as the larger PowerBI user base
- Well versed with design and development of BI models using SAP BW, Microsoft Power BI, SQL Server, and related SQL-based tools
- Leverages Microsoft Power BI capabilities to transition conventional reporting solutions over to interactive dashboarding solutions
- Recommends and apply sophisticated data modeling techniques and DAX functions to deploy user friendly and innovative data visualizations
- Conducts Power BI training sessions with functional teams and works to support ad-hoc report requirements.
- Actively identifies and implements process improvement opportunities and recommendations
- Works independently with minimal direction with focused passion
- Collaborates effectively with other software development, technical, and data team members
Qualified candidates will have:
- 10 years of experience interacting with business stewards, subject matter experts and stakeholders to relate data processing concepts in business terms from various business areas
- 7 years of experience designing and developing BI Dashboards and innovative Visualizations using BI platforms such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Qlik
- 3 years of experience working specifically with Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- 3 years of experience working on Tabular Cubes for Power BI reports
- 7 years of experience working with SAP BW
- 7 years of Microsoft SQL Server experience, including queries that reflect performance tuning tradeoffs
- 3 years of experience with SCRUM & AGILE methodologies
- Thorough understanding of star, snowflake schemas and data modeling concepts
- Experience using version control software like GitHub, TFS, Azure DevOps
- Good understanding of SAP ECC & BW for data extraction to Azure Datalake/ Power BI
- Experience with Python, R, or other data visualization platforms is a plus
- Experience in Microsoft Azure platform (ADF pipelines, Analysis services, Azure SQL Database) is a plus
- Business savvy, with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines for projects and assigned activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula. Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance. Responsible:
Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business. Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.