Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Assists in the development and implementation of, and is responsible for monitoring, auditing, and maintaining the SQF system, including the Food Safety Fundamentals and Food Safety Plan. Ensures compliance to applicable food safety, customer, quality, and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate the development, ongoing management, evaluation, and improvement related to all aspects of the SQF and prerequisite programs to ensure their effective implementation and maintenance.
- Perform daily monitoring activities on SQF programs including: Verification, Validation, Audit, and Recordkeeping to ensure facility#39;s continuous compliance with SQF code requirements.
- Participate in food safety and other regulatory audits.
- Maintain log of required corrective actions for audits non-conformances and ensures closure of these issues
- Identifying the training needs of the organization, to include food safety, quality, health, sanitation, and good manufacturing policies and practices. Ensure the site#39;s training needs are met and each employee has a thorough understanding of the rules and guidelines, and an understanding of their contribution to the production, storage and distribution of safe quality food.
- Serve as Food Safety Coordinator for the site. Facilitate HACCP (hazard analysis critical control point system) Team meetings, including preparing agenda and minutes of the meetings. Ensures closure of food safety concerns.
- Work closely with production, warehouse, QA and other staff to ensure each member understands their personal responsibility to identify and properly report food safety concerns in accordance with programs and policies.
- Inform management of all significant non-conformities and take action to maintain the integrity of the SQF program.
- Assist Senior Management in establishing and implementing continuous improvement processes to improve the effectiveness of the SQF program.
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
- HACCP Training course completed; ASQ certification a plus (e.g. CQA, CQE, HACCP Auditor)
- Two to four years#39; office experience in warehousing and/or logistics to include a minimum of one year working in a food manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Associate#39;s degree in a science-related course of study preferred.
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining SQF certification and HACCP plans preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
- Ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with others;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to speak Spanish may be required.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have very strong customer focus, orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
- Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrates consistency, flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates planning, task organizing and execution skills.
- Excellent negotiation and issue resolution skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Strong customer service skills and proven ability to work with both internal and external customers at all levels
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and be comfortable in a high volume environment.
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
- May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
- May require a visit to facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
- May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
- Requires the use of various electronic tools
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.