Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 13 bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Specialist, Bakery Maintenance Purchasing
- Manager, Bakery - Maintenance
Providing full support in purchasing maintenance parts and equipment that correspond with purchase orders and contracts.
- Source suppliers and negotiate product, price, quality and capacity requirements
- Complete and manage related purchase orders
- Monitor and maintain appropriate inventory levels
- Maintain price files ensuring compliance with contract terms
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relations
- Resolve vendor-related issues including but not limited to pricing, supply, quality, delivery, payments and vendor liabilities
- Support new project initiatives by identifying suppliers, obtaining quotes and evaluating the capabilities and capacities of potential vendors against the requirements of the project
- Adhere to the required hygiene, safety and quality standards on the production floor
- Other duties as required
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Must be proactive and self-motivated with the ability to lead others
- Proven trades experience in technical problem solving and decision-making
- The willingness to adapt to a dynamic environment with multiple priorities
- Comfortable with manufacturing environment, terminology, reports, etc.
- Proven abilities in problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making and planning
- Team player who can effectively collaborate with and support the Maintenance and Operations Departments
- Proactive, displays initiative
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- High school diploma or equivelant
- 3-5 years related experience in a mechanical environment
- Must have working knowledge of SAP and SRM
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 50% of total work time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in a seated office environment as well as near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
- The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.