Farm Manager 2 - Little Wabash (Mt. Erie, IL) Pay Grade E08
DESCRIPTION: Directing operations of the farm and farm employees. Responsibilities include but aren#39;t limited to:
• Training and evaluating employees in the maintenance of facilities, attending livestock, and breeding and farrowing sows.
• Recommending or initiating personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary actions.
• Recommending measures to improve production methods, efficiencies, and equipment performance
• Documenting accurate livestock inventory of all departments including, gestation, breeding, farrowing, and nursery.
• Monitoring supplies & materials w/ in budget.
• Initiating or suggesting plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Monitoring any maintenance issues & follow-up to insure completion.
• Interpreting company policy and specifications to employees and enforces safety regulations.
• Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Adjusting controls to regulate air flow/temperature in barns.
• Analyzing and resolving work problems, or assisting workers in solving work problems.
• Performing same duties as employees as needed in farrowing, breeding, and nursery.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate must have an understanding of basic math and computer literacy. A high school diploma or GED and supervisory and organizational skills are required. Position also requires previous farm experience and work experience of positions supervised as well as, on the job training.