Our heritage is driven by our commitment to the core values of People, Quality, and Growth; our employees demonstrate, promote, and exemplify our core values.
At C.H. Guenther and our subsidiaries, we demonstrate high integrity, a commitment to excellence, and a positive attitude in all that we do. We are results-driven, lead by example, communicate openly and honestly, value diversity, and foster long-term relationships.
Establishes, develops, and maintains business relationships with assigned Chain Accounts, Large Leverage Operators, and Key Industry Segments using a consultative selling approach. Identifies, develops, and establishes sales and profit opportunities aligned with CHG manufacturing facilities. Reports to Zone Manager to ensure alignment with Foodservice Distributor Operating Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains open and frequent communication with the existing and targeted customer base by making personal visits, communicating via telephone, written correspondence, and email.
- Participates and demonstrates CHG products at Customer Conventions and critical Food shows and events in a geographic zone
- Leads product incident response with active accounts
- Conducts regular business reviews with Existing and Target customers
- Negotiates new contracts and renews existing contracts to maximize shareholder value for C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc.
- Makes cold calls from the prospect list to identify key decision-makers and pursue opportunities for CHG product lines
- Submits samples for current and new product opportunities
- Ensures target customer lists are updated semi-annually with Zone Manager and brokers in a geographic zone
- Responsible for annual sales budget for targeted accounts
- Responsible for securing profitable new business as part of the annual budget
- Works closely with National Account Managers to ensure account lists are clearly identified in terms of management responsibility
- Focuses on selling CHG Branded Products whenever possible using provided selling tools.
- Clear and direct communication with multiple inter-company departments especially Corporate Accounts Marketing. Other departments include Quality Assurance, Customer Service, Purchasing, R & D, and Culinary.
- Manages projects with R & D and Marketing teams to expedite new business development when volume warrants custom development
- Secures new product capability presentations with targeted Customers
- Works closely with Zone Manager and Broker Teams to develop and maintain the right target customer list for CHG products
- Business Development Manager must own the relationship while utilizing Broker teams to help with product approvals and placements
- Executes all required paperwork in a timely fashion
Minimum Job Requirements:
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- Culinary or Sales related accreditation a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in Foodservice
- 1-3 years of Key Operator or Chain Account Sales Management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in the use of Outlook
- Demonstrated leadership and possesses the ability to develop interdepartmental relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of associates and customers ranging from entry-level to executive level positions.
- Ability to work with multiple departments, including but not limited to Cost Accounting, Operations, Purchasing, R & D, Culinary, Quality Assurance, and Information Services, both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, often with competing deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize projects and clearly communicate direction internally and externally
- No supervisory responsibilities but must be able to work closely with Broker teams to help identify and pursue the target chain operators on industry segments in the geographic zone.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Home Office environment
- Light physical effort. Requires standing, sitting, walking, talking, seeing, hearing, fine dexterity, and handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds.
- Substantial travel required (up to 60%) mostly in the United States
- Resides in Geographic Zone (TX, NM, OK)
- Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefits programs that include medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K savings plans, and more.
C.H. Guenther & Son and its subsidiaries are E-Verify participating employers.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment screening process, which includes a hair follicle drug screen and review of a criminal background and other records as required.