From the bluffs of the Mississippi River in Winona, Minnesota, The Watkins Company has been crafting award-winning gourmet products since 1868. Known for world-famous Vanilla Extracts, Cinnamon and Black Pepper, Watkins products have been family favorites for generations. As a leader in gourmet flavoring, The Watkins Company continues to be innovative in categories including the Organic Extracts, Organic Spices & Dry Seasoning Mixes, and natural Baking Decorations & Food Coloring that do not contain artificial dyes.
The Watkins Company has an opening for a Full Time, Social Media Specialist in the Twin Cities or Winona, MN area. The Social Media Specialist will collaborate with the Consumer Engagement team on the development, execution, and management of all Watkins Brand and The Watkins Co. social media channels.
The duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Develop social media strategy and content for all social media channels.
- Execute the social media content calendar and plan, including posting and management of communities across all social media channels.
- Lead and manage the social media moderation and customer support for all social media channels.
- Lead reporting on performance and trends and providing recommendations on potential optimizations of all Watkins and The Watkins Co.’s social media channels.
- Stay informed of social media marketing trends and social channel capabilities as they evolve and provide channel and community insights with actionable next steps.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the brand’s identity and target positioning with core audiences across all social media channels.
- Maintain relationships with key social media Influencers and Brand partners across all social media channels.
Our ideal candidate will have at a minimum:
- Possess at minimum a bachelors degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in brand or consumer facing social media strategy, execution, and management on key social channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Experience managing company social media channels including LinkedIn.
- Demonstrate intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, a plus.
In addition to working in a strategic, dynamic and collaborative work environment, with a tight knit team, The Watkins Company offers a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance as well as a generous PTO package available upon hire and 401k.