Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt/Executive
Reports To: Site Manager and Assistant Site Manager
Work Schedule: Varies
Amount of Travel Required: None
Positions Supervised: Lead Persons and Food Safety Sanitors
The Supervisor performs exempt executive work such as the daily supervision of the hourly food safety sanitors and lead persons (“sanitors”). The primary duty entails the supervision of the sanitors in designated departments/areas of our customers’ plants to ensure that our team is working safely, efficiently, and in compliance with the regulatory agency, customer, and PSSI policies and procedures. Supervisors accept full accountability for day-to-day department/area responsibility. Supervisors are also involved in the interviewing, hiring, training, disciplining of the sanitation laborers. Supervisors are the first line for team member complaints and grievances. Supervisors work closely with the Assistant Site Manager, Site Manager, and Complex Manager in achieving objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES
To be qualified for the Supervisor job, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Responsible for the daily supervision and management of sanitors for specific areas/departments of our customers’ facilities. The position’s primary duty involves the customary and regular direction of the work of the sanitors. While the Site Supervisor may at peak times (e.g., start-up and pre-op) utilize their independent judgment and discretion to assist the sanitation laborers, the Site Supervisor’s primary duty does not involve the performance of manual labor.
• Apportions work assignments among the sanitation lead persons and laborers.
• Ensures sanitors work safely, efficiently, and in compliance with governmental, customer, and company policies and procedures.
• Evaluates sanitors for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
2. Ensures that the sanitation team complies with all internal company procedures and policies, including Technical Services, Human Resources, Accounting, IT, and general customer service.
• Ensures compliance with the procedures set forth in PSSI Employee Handbook, Safety handbook, and Cleaning Procedures.
• Assists Site Manager and Assistant Site Manager implement PSSI training programs including safety training and ERP.
Reports and investigates all accidents.
Ability to read, write, add and subtract; six (6) months to one year of related sanitation experience; general working knowledge of computers/technology (e.g., Microsoft Excel and Word); ability to wear personal protective equipment; and ability to work in work environments with extreme temperature fluctuations.
High School Degree or its Equivalent, Phone Skills, Recruiting, Interviewing Skills, People Skills, Professional, Detail Oriented, Safety Oriented, Results Driven, Accountable, Approachable, Customer Service, Independent Thinker, Driven, Honest, Leader, Motivator, Teacher.
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Rain Gear)