Offering a $10,000 Sign On Bonus!!!
We have a Site Manager job opening in Beardstown, IL this person would be required to live in or around the Beardstown area, standard relocation will be offered. This is a 3rd Shift, Pork Slaughter & Processing Plant with a total of 164 employees. The Site Manager performs exempt executive work such as supervising and directing the work of the sanitation crew, managing the budget (e.g., payroll, supplies, etc.), and billing our customers for services rendered. Bilingual is a definite plus!
The Site Manager II performs exempt executive work such as supervising and directing the work of the sanitation crew, managing the budget (e.g., payroll, supplies, etc.), and billing our customers for services rendered. The primary duty entails the daily management of operations (e.g., interviewing, hiring, training, setting and adjusting of pay rates and hours, planning and directing work; maintaining sales; discipline of team members; handling team member complaints and grievances; determining the techniques to be utilized to effectively sanitize the facility to ensure that the facilities are sanitized in compliance with governmental and/or customer specifications; etc.). In sum, the Site Manager II is typically the highest ranking PSSI official on the customer’s facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DUTIES
To be qualified for the Site Manager II job, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Plans, develops and implements strategy for operational management to meet performance, safety, timeliness and budget requirements.
- Manages and controls site expenditures within approved budgets.
- Manages site usages of labor, supplies, and chemicals to ensure P&L standards are met.
- Evaluates and documents sanitation process for potential cost savings citing specific areas, dollars and/or percentages to support recommendations, which will be relied on by the Site Manager II’s superiors.
- Monitors, measures and reports on operational issues, opportunities and improvement plans and achievements the same within agreed formats and timeframes.
- Communicates with Area Manager on a daily basis to report accidents, downtime, damage and other important plant issues.
- Communicates with Corporate office daily regarding items such as nightly logs, payroll, chemical and supply orders, timesheets, etc.
- Completes weekly internal safety audits on staff as well as equipment to ensure we are providing our team members a safe work environment.
- Sets, monitors, motivates and tracks specific goals for the sanitation crew in regards to working safe, clean and on time.
- Manages and develops direct reporting staff, including, but not limited to, interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, motivating, evaluating, setting and adjusting of pay rates and hours of work, handling team member complaints and grievances, disciplining team members, planning and directing the work of team members, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all internal company procedures and policies including Technical Services, Human Resources, Accounting, IT, and general customer service.
- Complies with procedures set forth in employee handbook, safety handbook, cleaning procedure and Corporate Authorities manual.
- Implements PSSI training programs including safety training and ERP.
- Coordinates responses to any governmental or customer deficiencies