Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Site Maintenance Manager position is responsible for the proper maintenance of all equipment in the Production, Distribution, Plant Services, and Maintenance departments and for providing maintenance support to all other departments as well.
- 25% - Develop and lead the implementation of the Progressive Maintenance / Equipment Reliability strategic plan for each department that maintains the plant's electrical/mechanical, control and utilities systems and supports the sites plant's financial and operating objectives.
- 10% - Provide technical assistance in the purchase and maintenance of all equipment.
- 10% - Personnel Development - Develops a competent and efficient Maintenance Department workforce. Assures personnel have the experience, tools, supplies, and materials required for performing maintenance services. Creates a department staffing model to achieve required business outcomes.
- 20% - Department Budgeting - Monitors expense budgets for the Maintenance Department. Manages use of labor and materials to optimize department effectiveness.
- 30% - Strategic Planning - Develops, recommends, and reviews long term strategies for expense and capital initiatives relating to the Maintenance Department and the successful operation of the plant. Key to the development of the strategic capital and savings plan for the facility.
- 5% - Health, Safety, and Employee Relations - Enforces company procedures and policies regarding safety and employee conduct; maintaining a work environment that promotes teamwork.
- Productivity increases are required to meet plant manufacturing goals. The Site Maintenance Manager will work with a multi-disciplined team to identify opportunities and create a support team to achieve the goal. The solutions often involve modifying existing equipment to achieve immediate need, while providing technical information needed to create capital projects.
- A new product line requires system changes to allow production to run a product. The Site Maintenance Manager and a team will be formed from that area, which has good technical and working knowledge of the equipment. Equipment design modification, PLC process control, and safety issues will be reviewed. This review would result in an action plan looking at expense/capital funding, allocation of time and personnel, and production schedule.
- Must be able to quickly address technical related issues that Production brings forward. Involves identifying if a problem actually exists and the most efficient use of materials and manpower to correct. Enhance present preventive equipment PM programs to a system of predictive maintenance. Form a predictive maintenance team to gather and analyze data which could be formatted to a predictive program using the latest equipment technologies (oil analysis, vibration, etc.). Utilize root cause failure analysis for problem solving.
- Ensure annual plant shutdowns facilitate regulatory inspections and on-time repairs that can only be accomplished during the shutdown periods.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Education: Bachelor s Degree
- Preferred Education: Bachelors of Science in Engineering (BSME or BSEE) or another technical field.
Years of relevant experience
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years of supervisory experience in plant maintenance or engineering.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a plant production environment, preferably, food processing, or pharmaceutical
- Strong people and relationship management skills with the ability to direct and lead others to deliver results.
- Experience with preventative and predictive maintenance
- Capital project implementation.
- SAP experience
- Financial budgeting experience
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities/assignments.
- Good communication and presentation skills
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.