Job Title: Shuttle Driver 2 Mandatory Requirement: Active CDL License-Stick Shift
Reports To: Warehouse Manager / Lead Drive
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Load and unload vehicle as required.
- Sign off with vendors for items received or released; complete and maintain all documentation required for required recordkeeping.
- Maintain oil and fluid levels for assigned vehicles and arrange for required vehicle servicing as scheduled.
- Wash and maintain cleanliness of assigned vehicle.
- Exercise some judgment to determine appropriate routes.
- Comply with instructions and prescribed routines, methods and/or procedures involving the making of minor decisions.
- Continuous mental and visual attention required to drive truck, involving repetitive or diversified work requiring constant alertness or activity.
- Safety of others depends entirely on the correct action of the employee.
- Responsible for food product quality and safety.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Two (2) years tractor/trailer driving experience required.
- Valid class A CDL license required.
- Must adhere to all State MVR Regulations and Certifications, DOT Drug/Alcohol Testing and MVR Screening
- Ability to read and understand status boards and production schedules.
- Ability (and certification) to operate forklift.
- Ability to use computer.
- Follow all company policies including (but not limited to) safety, work rules, GMPs, etc.
- Keep work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Moderate physical effort required to stack mixed pallets, which is equivalent to occasionally lifting or moving heavy weight material or, frequently average weights.
- Continuous mental and visual attention required to perform duties, involving repetitive or diversified work requiring constant alertness or activity.
- Must be able to talk, hear, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, use hands, reach, stand, walk, and sit.
- Must be able to use common hand tools.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.