Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for supervising the proper storage and shipment of outgoing / incoming finished products, raw materials, and components.
- Supervises the daily activities of receiving finished product from manufacturing and the placement in warehouses.
- Monitors inventory levels, product rotation, warehouse space, etc.
- Supervises the preparation of product for shipment.
- Studies shipping and order fulfillment notices; assigns work; monitors performance.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with safety and shipping specifications.
- Coordinates the receiving of shipments, movement to warehouse, storage or work areas, and monitoring of shipments received for condition and accuracy.
- Investigates and resolves shipping and receiving issues, including but not limited to document discrepancies, computer system accuracy and routine operation, order and/or inventory discrepancies.
- Manages shipping documentation and paperwork; uses systems to retrieve information and data.
- Communicates with carriers and drivers.
- Conducts performance evaluations; develops, trains, and coaches the staff.
- Communicates company policies and procedures and monitors for compliance.
- Schedules and approves overtime; monitors and approves vacations and time-off.
- Review and approves associate Kronos time management.
- Supports departmental budget compliance through effective oversight of daily shipping operations.
- Participates in and/or leads departmental and shift meetings; coordinates operations with various departments including maintenance, production, etc.
- Participates in projects as assigned (i.e., Fund the Future).
- Participate in or lead period and quarterly inventory audits.
- If applicable, complete time approvals, research pay issues, validate punches and work centers as needed.
- May oversee number of hours worked to comply with DOT regulations and ensure up-to-date qualifications (DOT medical card and appropriate license).
- May perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s or undergraduate degree in business management, supply chain or logistics preferable.
- 6+ years of supply chain management or logistical experience.
- Preferable SAP and/or Oracle Warehouse Management Systems (WMS).
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and communicate effectively in written correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with coworkers and vendors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential information.
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Knowledgeable of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, mobile or handheld devices, and internet communications.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.