Job Title: Shipping Supervisor Reports to: Shipping Manager
In the absence of the Shipping Supervisor another Shipping Supervisor or the Shipping Manager will assume these responsibilities
In this role, this individual will be responsible for overseeing the operation of incoming and outgoing shipments. This position is actively involved in the receipt and shipment of finished goods, raw materials and supplies. This individual is required to ensure inventory accuracy by monitoring and auditing receipts and transfers of product. The Shipping and Receiving Supervisor will make sure that product is handled in a first in, first out manner. This role is responsible for forklift, material handling, and shipping clerk staffing and assignment of duties to subordinate staff. This individual reviews the effectiveness of operating and safety procedures, maintenance of equipment, space utilization, and protection of purchased items/supplies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Supervises the shipping and receiving area (including Shipping and Receiving Clerks) to ensure the accurate and timely handling/processing of incoming and outgoing materials and supplies.
- Supervises Material Handlers to ensure that product is pulled, verified, and production needs are accurately met in a consistent and timely manner.
- Ensures that goods are verified against records of shipment to ensure that deliveries match orders in quantity and quality. Supervises the maintenance of records of damaged and discrepancies.
- Develops and monitors work schedules to ensure coordination with incoming and outgoing shipment schedules.
- Informs management of progress, priorities and problems to ensure that issues are handled in a timely manner.
- Directs movement of shipments to storage and production work areas.
- Coordinates activities with other departments to ensure that products are shipped and received according to customer specifications.
- Utilizes knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures to develop and communicate improved procedures.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel.
- Maintains First-in, First-Out inventory accuracy requirements based on both internal and external customer expectations.
- Continuously monitors layout and space requirements in an ever changing business environment.
- Actively engaged in employee training and development.
- Performs daily pre-shift communications.
- Assists employees in shipping and receiving functions in a “hands on" environment when needed.
The ideal candidate has four or more years of shipping and receiving experience. The individual must possess strong analysis/problem solving and communication skills. Candidates must possess and have a proven ability to effectively function in a team. Candidates must possess the ability to effectively lead a team
Receiving/Warehousing responsibilities: Responsible for assisting the process of receiving/warehousing of raw materials and finished goods.
- Engage in daily receiving/warehousing/shipping operations and communicate problems, (i.e. material shortages, equipment malfunctions, etc.) such that loss of receiving/warehousing capacity is minimized and receiving/warehousing objectives are achieved.
- Notify Shipping Manager of maintenance work on equipment needing to be done
- Ensure operating supplies and materials required for receiving/warehousing are obtained.
- Ensure receiving/warehousing/shipping goals and objectives are met on a daily basis.
- Practice proper inventory control procedures at all times
- Assist with material transfers between multiple warehouses
- A demonstrated commitment to safety and the environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work required time
- Positive attitude with a strong desire for continuous learning.
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Punctuality and good attendance
- Current forklift certification
- Basic computer skills(word processing, data entry)
- Minimum education required is a high school diploma or GED.
- Background Check and Drug Screen Mandatory