Join Oakhurst Dairy#39;s exciting and growing team!
It#39;s time to join New England#39;s foremost dairy company with a 98-year history of leadership in the industry. Delivering the "Natural Goodness of Maine" since 1921, Oakhurst Dairy is a company you can be proud to work for. Located in Portland, Maine, our company is one of New England#39;s key employers offering:
- Local management
- Excellent compensation and benefits and
- Pride in the product you will represent
- It#39;s about more than milk -- it#39;s our heartfelt pledge to people throughout New England to honor what Maine stands for -- by offering the purist, freshest, most delicious products, while standing up for what#39;s right, for our customers, for farmers, and for the environment. All of our milk is sourced from local farms in Maine and our facilities meet the highest quality-control standards. We produce fresh wholesome milk and dairy products which are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
In 2014 Oakhurst was acquired by Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a national dairy farmer-owned cooperative. Oakhurst is a wholly owned subsidiary of DFA and continues to operate independently.
The Shipping Supervisor at Oakhurst Dairy is responsible for the operations associated with the coolers including receiving all inbound product and the loading of assigned trucks and trailers on 2nd shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors the following:
- Crew Safety
- Accuracy of the load
- Security of the load Temperature and cleanliness of trucks
- Condition of product being loaded
- Team productivity
- Products are rotated correctly
- Warehouse cleanliness
- Understands and enforces all company policies with regard to Personnel and Safety including GMPs, HACCP and SQF requirements.
- Warehouse is maintained properly and ensures production is not delayed due to receiving issues.
- Supervises, schedules, evaluates, and trains all employees.
- provides support and guidance to other departments as necessary.
- Employee reviews are completed on time along with all necessary training documentation.
- Meets set goals and continue to improve the operation while working with the Shipping Manager to implement these improvements.Shipping reports are processed in a timely manner and the key information is shared with the crew to improve results.
- Leads the loading crew by example working with loaders to maintain a sufficient pace to complete the job on time.
- Undertakes special duties and responsibilities as determined by management.
- Communicate clearly as to what your needs are to supervisors in all relevant departments
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5+ years#39; experience in high volume food/beverage warehousing. Cooler experience, preferred.
- 1+ year of pervious supervisory experience in a shipping and/or warehouse environment.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Office and Excel.
- Ability to perform data entry and spreadsheet modifications.
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage change effectively.
- Ability to work well with a team and effectively collaborate with team members. Demonstrates leadership, initiative and seeks additional responsibilities.