Our Kingsville Distribution Center, a 150,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7, is currently seeking aShipping Inspectorto join our team.The essential function of this position is to investigate the outbound quality at the shipping doors and determine if product meets the requirement.
Shift:Monday through Saturday 7:00am to 4:00pm
• Perform quality inspections on outbound product to determine if it meets customer criteria, which include:
correct color, size, condition, and weight.
• If poor quality is found, determine the extent of the product that has defects.
• If a small amount of the product has a defect, fix the issues found by returning the product to either
production or inventory and get it replaced.
• If a large amount of the product has a defect, return the pallet to either production or inventory to be fixed.
• Record any and all issues found on inspection forms.
• Report findings to responsible department manager/supervisor.
• Verify that action was taken to correct the defects.
• Remove / apply and record product inventory tags as required.
• Prompt stacking / lumping / rebuilding of product pallets / boxes.
• Identify and escalate any pallets that visibly do not meet Mastronardi Specifications (crushed, leaning,
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Previous experience working with produce preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Must pass Drug Test, Background Check and pre-employment Skills Testing.
• Must sign a confidentiality agreement upon hire.
• Must be high-performance team player and be willing to work in a dynamic, growing, demanding and fastpaced environment.
• Must be willing to work in a warehouse environment at a range of cooler temperatures.
• Must be a self-starter and willing to work flexible hours.
• Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
• Willingness to maintain confidentiality and protect proprietary information.
• Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job.
• Willingness to work with a high degree of professionalism and personal integrity.
• Willingness to be responsible for company property.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to use and read measuring devices such as scales, calipers, ruler.
• Environment includes a refrigerated warehouse, where temperature is approximately 55°.
• Must be capable of lifting up to 30 lbs.
• Position requires long periods of standing and walking as well as use of step ladders to inspect stacked
pallets of product.
• Must be capable of lifting up to 30 lbs. consistently throughout the day
Please note: Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put into place.