Sunday- Thursday: 2pm to whenever work is complete
Ensures that the follow of product goes from the production lines, to the warehouse, order building, staging, loading, and receiving of raw materials and support products. Products and customers have specific instructions and processes based on each individual item. They operate independently in each task and support the team in meeting customer delivery. Typical products are packaged into pouches, pails, bag-in-a-box, totes, super totes, skids, and partial orders that must be combined in the warehouse. Recording of product information, shipping paperwork, proper stacking and protecting the packaging are key for this operation.
Responsibilities may change without prior notice due to changes in ingredients, products, customer requirements, innovation, regulatory, safety, food safety or other change in the work environment. This position description is intended to be a general guide to describe the daily requirements, training or procedures and expectations of the position.
KEY TASKS / DUTIES
- Based on current orders and staging of product the warehouse work as a team within sanitation guidelines, and safety to meet our service level for our customers demand.
- Ensuring the product is identified and scanned properly at receipt and delivery is a requirement of this position.
- Finished goods must follow First-in-first-out (FIFO) to meet the high standards of our customers.
- Communicates with the production team, other Dawn locations, and customers about specific product needs and any variances.
- Operates hand-held bar code scanner to record the amount of raw materials used, product created and completes required paperwork for the run. This is the key to the traceability of the finished good products. All products must be scanned before they are moved from the production area to the warehouse location.
- Monitors the process to ensure desired product is achieved by quality and quantity required.
- Maintains cleanliness of the work area, follows food safety requirements and plant safety practices.
- Reports safety hazards to people or product and complies with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Supports the Circle of Excellence and the Dawn Philosophy of Team Dawn.
Physical duties involved in performing this position include but are not limited to lifting, filling, pushing, pulling,
walking, standing, crouching, reaching overhead, climbing stairs, reading instructions, and otherwise moving
product from filling area to the warehouse. This position requires proper sanitation of the equipment and
processes and the labelling of allergen and non-allergen finished goods within specific guidelines. Most of the
finished goods weight between 2-50 pounds. Lifting activities are constant during a regular shift that can be 8,
10 or 12 hours in a day based on customer demand for product. This is a fast paced environment requiring
constant and continuous production.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions, operate a forklift, and follow safety precautions.
- Capable of performing mathematical calculations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and percentages.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Hand scanner, hand carts, forklifts, electric riding jack, and other warehouse equipment.
SAFETY HAZARDS/PPE REQUIREMENTS
- Mobile equipment traffic in the area.
- Slippery surfaces; slipping and tripping hazards due to ingredients.
- Non-slip footwear provided to ensure proper footing.
- Receives daily instruction from warehouse manager.
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates as new information becomes available.
Dawn Recruitment Team
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.