Mizkan Americas, Inc. Job Description
Location: Lake Alfred, FL
Job Title: SHIPPER-RECEIVER
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: The Shipper-Receiver is responsible for pulling orders using FIFO (First In First Out) procedure, loading and unloading of trucks (finished product and raw materials) and responsible for rotation of product brought from production to warehouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following other duties may be assigned.
- Notify in-coming trucks to back up to correct dock doors, chock wheels, lock out airline.
- Check trailer contents to ensure product and quantity is correct before being received.
- Report any damaged product to Quality Assurance before receiving.
- Retrieve and match shipping bill of lading and pick ticket.
- Pull and stage using FIFO and pickup ticket.
- Check order a 2nd time for accuracy before loading onto trailer (dates, quantity and quality).
- Load product onto trailer, which is 3rd check of order accuracy.
- Accurately complete ship confirmation for outgoing shipments and print bill of lading.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Responsible for food product quality and safety.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, required.
- Forklift certification, required
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to use forklift, a minimum of year experience
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures, working at heights and exposure to dust, gases, fumes and chemicals.
- Ability to operate foot controls or repetitive foot movement on forklift.
- Ability to constantly sit and bending and twisting of neck when operating forklift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.