BC Delta Tea (82nd St)
Job Posting Title:
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor#39;s primary role is to supervise production operations for their specific shift. Ensuring the team members follow production schedule, standards, quality, safety, and ensuring employee satisfaction are key elements to their day to day responsibilities. Working with your fellow team members, implementing and leading Lean Manufacturing principles to optimize production flow and efficiency will be key.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for employees to continually improve performance and results to " Win the Day" .
- Ensure the safe, efficient and effective use of manpower, equipment and material resources.
- Utilize available data and resources to continuously improve safety, quality, productivity and service.
- Assist employees in diagnosing malfunctions in their work and around machine activities.
- Communicate effectively with peers, subordinates, supervisors and management.
- Communicate Company policies to hourly team members and train them in standard work practices
- Communicate expectations to hourly staff members on procedures for safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency.
- Recommend measures to improve safety, quality of product, production methods, and equipment performance by using Lean methodologies.
- Train staff in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and equipment.
- In conjunction with HR and management, provide performance management for assigned team members that include appraisal/performance evaluation, coaching and counseling, conflict resolution, corrective action and training programs.
- Maintain time and production records and accurately complete all reports as required by the Company.
- Maintain area in accordance with global food safety and customer standards and enforce product safety and sanitation regulations.
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement events and projects.
- Reviewing, scheduling and approving employees#39; time cards in Kronos.
- Be a relief and support for other shift supervisors when needed. Including rotating shifts
- Be a change agent who challenges existing processes that create waste and non-value-added work.
- Lead focused efforts aimed at breakthrough and incremental improvements in process, department and/or line-specific opportunities that meet and exceed plant operational performance metrics.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must possess good interpersonal and strong communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
- Effective organizational, prioritization, and time management
- Must have Excellent Attention to Detail
- Must possess a safe attitude at all times
- Be reliable, motivated, organized and be able to work in a dynamic fast-paced team-driven environment
- Have a commitment to Safety, Food Safety and Quality
Skills, Experience and Education:
- 2-3 years of manufacturing experience
- Operations Management, Business, Engineering, Supply Chain experience will be an asset
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing, SAP and Kronos will be an asset
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Strong knowledge in GMP, HACCP, and other food quality & safety regulations
Bachelor#39;s Degree Preferred - Type: Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Engineering
Minimum Experience Preferred (Number of years and type): Bachelor#39;s Degree and three or more years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous supervisory experience is required. Knowledge of SAP is preferred.