The Shift Supervisor will report to the Plant Manager with responsibility of 60-70 team members and should have experience supporting a bakery production operation. The selected applicant will be responsible for achieving company quality and efficiency goals while demonstrating servant leadership in by coaching, training, and managing team member relations.
Some of the key duties include:
- Supervise the work activities, training, and development of the other leaders and Team Members on the shift.
- Ensure good communication and relationships with team members and other production leadership.
- Meet the company set standard of quality, yield and time.
- Spend the majority of the time directly on the production floor (a hands on supervisor) coaching the team members through problems.
- Develop and implement ideas to improve efficiency and reduce waste. Encourage and provide ideas for continual improvement within the operation.
- Recommend and assist in implementing operating procedures. This can consist of troubleshooting problems, making production decisions based on multiple factors (labor, ingredients, mechanical).
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area by following GMPs, Team Member Safety and Food Defense Policies. Maintain a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- Work with a cross functional team (scheduling, sales, plant manager) to ensure that customers receive complete and on time shipments.
- Maintains daily paperwork to ensure accuracy and timely completion.
The attributes and experience that are desired:
- Strong Leadership
- Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- 5S Training and Experience
- HACCP Training
- Microsoft Skills (proficient in Excel a plus)
- Knowledge of Adage is a plus
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position typically working Six days per week (Monday-Saturday).
We offer a competitive compensation package with great benefits and ESOP participation.