Do you have an interest in making a difference in a privately held company that is committed to innovation, leadership development, and technical excellence? If you are an influential and strategic leader, then Basic American foods has a great opportunity for you!
Basic American Foods, family owned and operated since 1933, is a market leader and innovator in shelf stable food products within consumer foods and the foodservice industry. Our strong employee-focused culture facilitates collaborative working environments while providing opportunities for advancement and professional development.
Provides supervision across functionalities to maintain safety standards (both personnel and food) while ensuring that the lines meet budgeted rates. Enforces all policies - maintains proper crewing levels and levels of training and is actively involved in employee development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
1. Responsible for both personnel safety as well as food safety. Actively involved in the SAFE process; coaches employees on all aspects of performing their duties in the safest manner possible for both personnel safety and food safety. Conducts Employee Communication Meetings.
2. Oversees adherence to production and packaging schedules and distributes crewing. Works with other team members to reach budgeted line rates, prevent out of specification production, oversee line maintenance, manage raw material changes, and when necessary, uses the hold process to prevent out of specification product from reaching the customer.
3. Responsible for coaching and developing team members. Facilitates team problem solving, decision making, fair and timely disciplinary action, and conflict resolution. Ensures performance appraisals and progress reports are done in a timely manner. Facilitates the communication between shifts and teams. Work with team leads and Continuous Improvement Coordinators to ensure that crew is properly cross trained and follows the principle of TWI.
4. Acts as on-shift representative for emergency response coordination, and compliance to Company policies (drug/alcohol, attendance, EEO, etc.). Responds to personnel issues as needed and conducts thorough investigations and coordinates results/issues.
5. Responsible for meeting customer requirements through communication, documentation, training of team members, and adherence to sanitation guidelines and GMP#39;s, including the HACCP program. Responsible, in part, for meeting requirements of various supplier certification programs and audits. Maintains plant cleanliness to satisfactory degree.
6. Demonstrates a daily commitment to the continuous improvement process by following Lean Manufacturing concepts and the Basic Principles. Strives to improve each work process. Identifies/implements value added and cost savings activities and projects.
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science in supply chain related degree and three to five years related experience is preferred; or 5 to 7 years of directly related experience..
Other Skills and Abilities
Should have knowledge of Database software; Halogen Human Resource systems; Adage, Ops Reporting Manufacturing software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Highly developed problem solving skills
Able to influence others and solicit cooperation cross functionally
All of our salaried employees receive ten paid holidays, a personal paid holiday, and immediately begin accruing vacation at the rate of three weeks per year in addition to our generous sick leave policy.
Beyond our commitment to quality and convenient products, we provide a culture where employees are valued and supported in meeting their career goals. We offer meaningful career and employee development opportunities for managerial and technical or professional individuals in our cross functional teams through individual leadership and professional development plans.
If you#39;re interested in small town charm and features of big city within an arm#39;s reach, then Moses Lake is the place for you. In Moses Lake#39;s backyard you will find Potholes State Park and Moses Lake Sand Dunes. Water sports and running or biking trails galore, it#39;s a city geared towards the outdoors enthusiast. However, fantastic dining and world-class concerts can be found an hour or two away in Spokane, Tri-Cities, Wenatchee and the Gorge Amphitheater.