Faribault Foods Inc., the leading food manufacturing plant located in Tucson, AZ, is looking for applicants with at least five years of manufacturing management experience, a great attitude, and a willingness to learn to join our production team! We manufacture, can, and supply whole beans, refried beans, and enchilada sauces in over 15 branded items and numerous custom private labels.
SUMMARY: The purpose of the position is to direct manufacturing activities for the assigned shift. Establish leadership for the shift and institute the control to make a cost-effective, quality product, which meets and exceeds customer expectations. Coordinate efforts with other shifts, and initiate and direct continuous improvement programs. Establish and maintain a positive employee-relations climate. Provide leadership support to work teams on the shift. Provide guidance to teams to ensure continuous improvement in manufacturing processes. Provide effective communications within the shift and between shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide manufacturing leadership on shift to address safety, production, quality and service issues for the shift.
- Ability to work with limited resources and make appropriate decisions for business operations.
- Coordinate activities of the manufacturing operations groups to help achieve overall plant performance goals and KPI’s.
- Control direct labor input and maximize efficient plant inventory (applying lean-manufacturing principles).
- Work cooperatively with other managers on continuous improvement, and initiate and direct continuous improvement programs on the assigned shift, while maintaining operating budgets.
- Support maintaining our plant’s union-free status, by establishing and supporting positive employee relations and employee involvement.
- Follow scheduling and production directives to support plant manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for employee development plans and annual performance reviews. Coach group leaders on leading teams to continuous improvement.
- Lead and develop work teams using problem-solving analysis and a structured problem-solving process.
- Identify key business initiatives to drive team performance and ensure action plans, execution and follow-up are completed.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of leadership for manufacturing personnel.
- Provide input on staffing decisions, staffing levels and assist in identifying appropriate talent for support of maximum productivity and quality output.
- Provide input to the capital planning process.
- Responsible for assigned budget to set goals, track and maintain throughout the year.
- Keep plant manufacturing personnel informed of the current state of our business and provide information on future planning.
- Provide feedback on employee performance as appropriate. Ensure consistent application of plant policies/guidelines, processes, and systems.
- Ensure that manufacturing job operations maintain or improve product quality. Stop and correct job operation if product quality is affected negatively.
- Work directly with all business units, support teams (maintenance, quality, logistics, engineering, etc.) and plant leadership team members to problem-solve and correct production-related issues.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment and of Company assets.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area. Adhere to all GMP and HACCP requirements and guidelines.
- Demonstrate leadership by complying with and supporting all safety practices/requirements, and all company guidelines, processes and policies.
- Maintain high morale and quality focus among plant personnel, and support the plant’s union-free status.
- Comply with all standard safety practices, safety guidelines, and all Company guidelines and policies.
- Provide input on plant issues as requested.
- Work an 8-12 hour shift and/or overtime plus weekends as required.
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Effectively read, write, speak and comprehend English.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelors degree (B.A., B.S., etc.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot production related problems. Working knowledge and experience with computers, preferably with Microsoft Office applications. Demonstrated leadership skills and experience required. Ability to effectively read, write, speak and comprehend English. Must be able to understand and follow directions. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Must be able to demonstrate good attendance. Manual and finger dexterity. Must be able to work extended hours and/or overtime as required. Must be able to participate in job development training, such as equipment cross-training and team development training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to effectively read, write, speak and comprehend English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information on top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analyses of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to taste and smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee occasionally lifts and/or moved up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office setting in a fast-paced manufacturing and production environment. When performing jobs on the plant production floor, work requires possible exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, working around moving equipment, electrical hazards, tanks, heights, fumes, chemicals, vibrations, dust, etc. Working hours must be flexible with the ability to work on all shifts and extended hours as required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.