For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
The Separator Operator is responsible for monitoring the separators and ensuring optimum daily performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily operations and cleaning of equipment associated with the separator room.
- Complete all documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follow all GMP, SOP, safety and HACCP programs.
- Monitor processes, materials, or surroundings and reviewing information by telephone, in written form or in person.
- Identify information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing changes or deviations in circumstances and or/events.
- Perform operator level maintenance when needed.
- Understand and comply with all Quality Assurance policies, and immediately report any potential food safety issues to management.
- Follow complex startup procedure of equipment.
- Monitor raw whey flow through the Clarifiers and Separators for skimming and sending to whey HTST and whey UF for further processing.
- Regulate factors such as skims and temperature, making adjustments depending on the type of whey to be produced.
- Take frequent readings and log upwards of fifty variables.
- Operate Clean In Place (CIP) cycles.
- Troubleshoot and maintain machinery.
- Clean and sanitize all parts of Whey Separator department including walls, floors, and equipment.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Position may involve operation of a Critical Control Point as determined by the plant HACCP/Food Safety Plans.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on equipment as needed.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- No previous experience required; on-the-job training provided.
- Minimum one (1) year of related experience preferred.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing with managers and colleagues.
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to documents and procedures (GLP, SOP, SDS, GMP, test procedures, and HACCP).
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Basic computer operational skills; able to input and retrieve computerized information.
- Ability to follow written, verbal and diagrammatic instructions; complete simple checklists and complete required documentation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Decisions administered soundly and consistently with policies and in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate functional and technical knowledge, ability to learn new skills quickly, and achieve a high level of accomplishment.
- Ability to solve problems by adapting knowledge and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity