Mérieux NutriSciences is a solutionproviderdedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world" .
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Sensory Technician in 1702 Southeast St, Suite 2, Bentoville, AR 72758 USA. Your mission will be to:
The incumbent prepares sample for processing and maintains documentation of process to facilitate analysis procedures.
- Prepare Samples using good overall lab practices and document each step and ensure testing area sanitized after each set of samples,
- Set up evaluation room for testing; which includes delivery and pickup of individual samples, basic daily cleanup, overall general knowledge and expected behavior when exposed to external panelists.
- Track samples as they are moved through testing. Ensure communication with other groups regarding sample arrivals as well as sensory test schedules and samples still needed to complete sensory sessions.
- Evaluate samples for expiration dates and proper and safe handling practices.
- Follow master preparation documentation, methods and standard operating procedures and ensure documentation as required
- Document training to meet quality systems and ask questions of supervisor to gain additional knowledge as it pertains to methods and processes within Sensory.
- Report all errors to Supervisor; assist in investigation for sensory non-conformances.
- Enter and review information as needed into Sensory Information Management System (SIMS) Stop test, look up samples, etc.
- Share information with clients, coworkers, supervisor and managers in a professional and courteous manner and ensure appropriate interaction with external panelists and potential participants
- Share any supply needs as needed to ensure stock is available and testing proceeds without interruption.
- Perform housekeeping tasks and update document, sign off and place in binder for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly records. Ensure work is completed, documented, signed and given to appropriate personnel.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process (TQM).
- Perform other related duties as needed.
The incumbent has occasional contact with the personnel outside the immediate working unit.
The incumbent must have a basic knowledge of Sensory to accurately perform testing procedures and obtain accurate results. General knowledge of basic preparation practices as well as documentation of practices is necessary to provide accurate records to clients. Incumbent must understand sensory tests relative to general workflow, batch and kitchen sheets and be able to read any of the documents to perform tasks within the department. Basic bench skills understanding the importance of measurements and overall good lab practices is necessary to uphold the integrity of the testing performed. A general knowledge of the Sensory Information Management System is required to process and record client testing data. A basic knowledge of personal computers is useful to accurately enter testing data and results. A basic familiarity with preparation tools, utensils commonly used in prep kitchen is necessary to prepare samples. A general knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and policies is necessary to ensure a safe working environment. Planning skills are useful to maintain supplies of analysis materials and ensure analysis is completed within specified time.
Testing procedures require precise measurements to be made to avoid problems. Problems can result from faulty testing procedures or improper preparation of the sample. The samples need to be prepared according to client testing requirements and may require testing to be repeated if not appropriately prepared. The source of the problem will determine the method of solution. Standard procedures and established guidelines provide the needed information to solve testing problems.
Recommendations are made to the supervisor regarding procedural changes or suggestions. Standard Operating Procedures and federal guidelines establish standards from which solutions can be implemented. Factual data is used to make recommendations that will affect the efficiency of the work unit. Mistakes are identified and easily corrected from the recommendation of the supervisor. The decisions of the incumbent impact the client and the progress of the testing procedure.
The incumbent receives regular supervision from the Sensory Operations Supervisor. The incumbent works toward specific goals and targets that are established by the supervisor. The method of attaining the goals is determined by the incumbent in accordance with SOPs. Result and worksheet data are reviewed daily by the supervisor. Repeating analysis or inaccurate reports can strain client relations and increase cost of analysis.
You will join a company with an inspiring mission. With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative, empowering, dynamic and challenging environment. Entrepreneurship and improving public health are part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project!
To apply please click on #39;Apply now#39; button