A family-owned Group serving customers globally, Roquette is a leader in speciality food ingredients and pharmaceutical excipents.
The products and solutions developed by the Group deliver proven technological, nutritional and health benefits precisely tailored to the pharma, nutrition, food and selected industry markets.
Roquette's offer is produced from plant-based raw materials such as corn, wheat, potatoes and peas.
Since its foundation over 80 years ago, the Group's growth has been based on innovation, a passion for the job and a commitment to achieve.
People are at the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop, contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.A career with Roquette will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference as you work with some of the brightest individuals in the industry.
Roquette America's Customer Innovation Center in Geneva, Illinois, is home, to leaders paving the way for Roquette's future. The individuals you will connect with day-to-day are creating innovative solutions impacting your everyday life in pharmaceutical, nutrition, food and other applications.
Innovation is the heart of our strategy. The R&D function supports the GBUs' strategies (Pharma, Food and Industry) by deploying specific sciences and technologies, which contribute to supporting the current activity and the existing processes, innovating and thus creating better solutions, ingredients and formulations for our customers.
The R&D teams are working on:
o Developing new solutions in accordance with the strategies and priorities set by the GBU and the Projects Platforms in the context of the PMT (medium-term plan)
o Exploring new opportunities, based on macro-trends, overall trends, needs of the markets and the customers
o Supporting the existing activity with the different technological and scientific skills
- Serve as US sensory liaison to Global Roquette Sensory Network
- Manage and execute regional requests for Customer Sensory Support
- Define and execute appropriate sensory testing to support local R&D Process and Product Development teams and local Customer Technical Support team
- Provide technical support of sensory & functionality validation for product development
- Conduct local sensory training (including Descriptive Analysis) for internal panelists; Ensure panelist performance through appropriate sensory testing and follow-up training
- Identify external sensory panel options and execute external sensory tests as needed.
- Identify and recommend new sensory methods to support project deliverables and deliver business impact.
- Manage relationships with sensory groups with as part of external collaborations
- Contribute to a safe and environmentally friendly workplace with team spirits
- Contribute to a highly scientific, market focused, and collaborative R&D organization
- 4#43; years of experience in Food Sensory with proven track record and strong applied statistics knowledge and experience
- Experience with vegetable proteins preferred
- Minimum BS degree, MS and PhD preferred
- Fizz Software knowledge is a plus
- Experience in sensory analysis of food materials especially related to raw materials and flavour ingredients
- Knowledge of chemical and analytical science and techniques and ability to relate analytical results to sensory analysis
- Demonstrated capability in coordinating multi-functional projects, as well as external and internal teams
- Food formulation experience of vegetable protein is a plus
- Domestic and international travel (up to 20%) is expected
We expect four leadership skills from all our employees:
oAct like a valuable team member
oTarget quality and excellence
oBe disciplined and compliant
oMake decisions quickly and with determination.
Roquette provides numerous career opportunities, thanks to the diversity of its jobs and their international dimension.
Joining Roquette means joining dynamic teams ambitious for success.
Add Your Talent to Ours!